Game 15: GMU (12-2 / 1-0) vs St. Louis (7-7 / 0-1) on Saturday, January 6, at 2:00 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good stuff. I love our balanced scoring.
We may not create a lot of turnovers, but we make it hard as heck to score. Also, how many years has it been since we have been this good from the FT line?
I have never seen a season (going back to the late 1980s) where we had good free throw shooting. Except maybe during Barnes term.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good stuff. I love our balanced scoring.
We may not create a lot of turnovers, but we make it hard as heck to score. Also, how many years has it been since we have been this good from the FT line?
Pablo can answer that question better than I. My recollection is Larranaga's teams were always around the mid-high 60s% range. When we had Otis and Javon (both were hitting around 90%) we may have been over 70% as a team one year, but that would be the exception to the rule.

Our starters went 21-22 today from the line today.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought the fans in the stands were a surprising bright spot of this game. Pretty good attendance and strong vocal support.

To me, the fans are no longer watching games with bated breath awaiting the moment that the team falls apart and creates a loss. Fans are now expecting to see a win, and it shows in their support. I've seen larger crowds fail to voice team support during competitive games. EBA has been rather loud lately—and I LOVE it!

I was also surprised by the amount of fans behind both baskets. Hopefully, those fans return to fill other seats when the students return. But, then again, the fans that sat behind the baskets performed better than the students usually do. Can the students pick up the intensity? Maybe? Hopefully?

More pressing to me is how do the Patriots keep these Mason-lovers coming back for more? A: Just win, baby!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Pablo can answer that question better than I. My recollection is Larranaga's teams were always around the mid-high 60s% range. When we had Otis and Javon (both were hitting around 90%) we may have been over 70% as a team one year, but that would be the exception to the rule.

Our starters went 21-22 today from the line today.

Free Throw Percentage
1. .753 1984-85
2. .747 2016-17
3. .746 1988-89
4. .745 1987-88
5. .742 2017-18
6. .725 2012-13
7. .725 1981-82
8. .723 1980-81
9. .721 1982-83
10. .716 2018-19

2023 - Present: .742

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
At the game today. Decent turn out considering the students are still on break. The stadium is really showing its age lately. Nothing wrong per se, just felt old.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I had no problem viewing the entire article without subscribing.
Wish I could say the same. It's possible that I may have gone to that site for other A10 news earlier, but not recently or all that often. I know I've had similar issues with the Dayton, Richmond T-D, and Providence papers--use up your access pretty quickly.

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The stadium is really showing its age lately. Nothing wrong per se, just felt old.
I hear people say this but I don’t understand it. Maybe I am there so frequently that I don’t see it anymore, so I’d like to know what people see that makes them say this.

There are 100 year old arenas still in use. We will visit 2 of the top 10 oldest arenas this year, so I also wonder where the we need to replace EBA sentiment comes from when it is less than 40 years old.

Edit to correct arena age.

Last edited: