Game 14: GMU (8-5 / 0-0) vs Richmond (7-6 / 0-0) on Saturday, December 31, at 2:00 PM.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Post-game press conference. Unfortunately not much on what happened to Ticket except that apparently Ronny told CKE that he needed to come out. Anything on MASN other than Gaines wasn't starting in the second half and was sitting next to the trainer on the bench?

View: https://www.facebook.com/MasonAthletics/videos/551409990337087
Answer my own question.....DVR'd the game and with about 12 min left in the game, the announcers said that Gaines was out with a hand injury but admitted that it wasn't clear how long he would be out.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And rebounds...

How about that last bucket by VBJ? That was the best fastbreak bucket I've seen since Morrison's slam to take down Villanova in the 2011 NCAAs. I think it was Ronnie getting the rebound to Saquan to VBJ—the ball never touched the floor! Tic-tac-toe... MONEY!
Whoop, my bad. Just confirmed on ESPN+ ... Cooper saved an airball to Ronnie, so I'm not sure who gets credit for the actual rebound. Cooper never possessed the ball so I assume it is Ronnie's "board".

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Rumor is broken hand
If so then that's minimum five weeks in a cast. If the rumor holds up then we may not see Ticket again until late February. :lookingdown:

But, if Ticket's hand was broken then why was he not in the ER during the 2nd half as opposed to sitting on the bench?

Last edited:
If so then that's minimum five weeks in a cast. If the rumor holds up then we may not see Ticket again until late February. :lookingdown:

But, if Ticket's was broken then why was he not in the ER during the 2nd half as opposed to sitting on the bench?
Like I said, just the rumor. May not be wholly true, or could be a broken finger of some kind (which would probably lead it to just be braced by the staff and him staying on the bench). Im sure we'll know full details before Bona on Wednesday.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Like I said, just the rumor. May not be wholly true, or could be a broken finger of some kind (which would probably lead it to just be braced by the staff and him staying on the bench). Im sure we'll know full details before Bona on Wednesday.
If it's a finger then likely three to four weeks.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m joining the Ronny Polite fanclub. Played his balls off today.
I got back on the bandwagon a couple games into this season. I'm very pleased with his overall play so far. His recent 10:1 assist to turnover game against ODU and now this? Keep it up, Ronnie!

Hope Ticket's injury isn't too bad.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Will be interesting to see how Kim plays it if Ticket has to miss multiple weeks. Guess Saquan needs to start because Justyn’s defense is so bad there’s no way he’s getting the nod.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
And rebounds...

How about that last bucket by VBJ? That was the best fastbreak bucket I've seen since Morrison's slam to take down Villanova in the 2011 NCAAs. I think it was Ronnie getting the rebound to Saquan to VBJ—the ball never touched the floor! Tic-tac-toe... MONEY!
It was a sure throwdown! Or is that throw-back? Either way, it was awesome!

Echoing everyone else on Ronnie's great game. One thing I haven't seen mentioned was the number of times he successfully drove the lane and either finished strong or dished. I've been waiting all year from someone to dribble by the outer defense and make things happen. Ronnie did that several times today and forced the spiders to come off the big men.
Most physical game of the year. Lots of pushing, shoving and hard picks. Was happy to see we were giving as well as we were getting. Ojiako continues to be tough under the hoop.
The bad has been mentioned. Free throws will sink this season. Fernandez and Blake continue to let their guys blow by them. I'd really like to see Blake just start hammering folks that get by him so that at least it looks like he is trying. Poor kid looks lost out there. Fernandez got yanked after another stupid pass. Hard to see either of them being here next year if they can't figure out how to get any PT. Odoru was ho-hum - better D but not much O.
Really good win today against a team that usually gives us fits.

At least I didn't have to watch Golden get 10 layups today!

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Echoing everyone else on Ronnie's great game. One thing I haven't seen mentioned was the number of times he successfully drove the lane and either finished strong or dished. I've been waiting all year from someone to dribble by the outer defense and make things happen. Ronnie did that several times today and forced the spiders to come off the big men.
Most physical game of the year. Lots of pushing, shoving and hard picks. Was happy to see we were giving as well as we were getting. Ojiako continues to be tough under the hoop.
The bad has been mentioned. Free throws will sink this season. Fernandez and Blake continue to let their guys blow by them. I'd really like to see Blake just start hammering folks that get by him so that at least it looks like he is trying. Poor kid looks lost out there. Fernandez got yanked after another stupid pass. Hard to see either of them being here next year if they can't figure out how to get any PT. Odoru was ho-hum - better D but not much O.
Really good win today against a team that usually gives us fits.

At least I didn't have to watch Golden get 10 layups today!
I actually think Oduro looked pretty good.