Game 14: GMU (8-5 / 0-0) vs Richmond (7-6 / 0-0) on Saturday, December 31, at 2:00 PM.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Ronnie (+13) in 35 min and Saquan (+11) in 22 min. led the team in+/-. Ticket was actually a -5 in his 15 min.
Ticket is a great glue guy. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much to glue together this year. We are not getting the value out of him that we should, but on the flip side his (anticipated) absence may not hurt us as much as it should.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'm not saying JF should start or play 35 min per game. I think since he has way more potential, give him more time to learn from defensive mistakes rather thank yank him for a bad pass like yesterday. 10 min a game for 2 months, will pay more dividends in March.
He definitely needs some opportunity to learn. But he has 1 speed and 1 direction right now. For as athletic as he is sprinting straight forward and jumping, he does not seem to have a whole lot of lateral mobility. Needs to work on his defensive slide drills and staying in front of his man. Offensively, his ball handling and ability to take off the dribble should be a focus. He really showed his first nice move yesterday, but most times he has turned the ball over when trying anything other than a catch and shoot. Reminds me of the football player we would say has "stiff hips".

The potential is there, but I think Kim is going to continue to play the guys he feels gives us the best chance to win right now.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The potential is there, but I think Kim is going to continue to play the guys he feels gives us the best chance to win right now.
As he most certainly should. A team with three grad students, two seniors and a junior in its rotation is built to win now. In a down league we should all be disappointed if this team can’t finish in the top 4 because it’s right there for them.

There will be ample opportunities for player development in the offseason and there should be a pathway to significantly more playing time for JF next season assuming he tightens up his defense. The kid clearly has all the necessary skills to be a high-end impact player in the A-10 offensively.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Regarding JF, if you’re athletic and willing, you can be taught to play good D…He’s probably a little bit lost right now and lacking confidence on that end. This, to me, is something that will improve during the year, but should see vast improvement in the off-season. I have total confidence he’ll be an above average defender by the end of next year.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we sure its his Defense and not his rebounding that is limiting his PT? Kids that have been told how great they are offense tend not to play well on D and at Rebounds. I think this might be whats plaguing JF. He would fit in at Toledo, they play zero defense and could care less on rebounding.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we sure its his Defense and not his rebounding that is limiting his PT? Kids that have been told how great they are offense tend not to play well on D and at Rebounds. I think this might be whats plaguing JF. He would fit in at Toledo, they play zero defense and could care less on rebounding.
From what I’ve seen it’s his defense. Go rewatch the first possession he was in for yesterday. His man went from the wing to the corner and then blew by him back door for an easy layup with no screens or anything, just an easy back door cut that he should have put an elbow into and stopped. It’s simple stuff like that. He’s not really getting beat off the dribble, but losing his man off the ball.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not saying JF should start or play 35 min per game. I think since he has way more potential, give him more time to learn from defensive mistakes rather thank yank him for a bad pass like yesterday. 10 min a game for 2 months, will pay more dividends in March.
While I agree on the learning curve for JF, with a tight game like we had yesterday, we can't afford a learning curve most games. This maybe should have been worked on during the non-con schedule, but that time had past.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While I agree on the learning curve for JF, with a tight game like we had yesterday, we can't afford a learning curve most games. This maybe should have been worked on during the non-con schedule, but that time had past.
I agree. We need to win. JF may just be one of those "not ready for prime time players." (For those of you old enough to get the reference.)