Game 14: AT University of Richmond, Thursday, January 8th, 7 PM, NBCSN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Richmond comes in with a 7-7 record after losing at Davidson on Saturday by a score of 81-67.

Season stats are here: http://www.richmondspiders.com/fls/26800//Mens_Basketball/Stats/2014-15/TEAMCUME.HTM

Last year's box score from Fairfax is here: http://www.gomason.com//pdf9/2649423.pdf?ATCLID=209418990&DB_LANG=C

Kendall Anthony is averaging 15.5 PPG, Terry Allen is averaging 10.7 PPG/5.6 RPG, and TJ Cline is averaging 10.0 PPG.

Richmond lost at Univ. of Northern Iowa 55-50 back on Nov 30th which is the only common opponent.

There isn't a thread yet, but here are the message boards I found: https://richmond.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1099&fid=1577&style=2

Discuss.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Spider Nation is melting down. They are claiming that Mooney tried to get more athletic players to counter Havoc and lost what made them successful, 3 point shooting and fundamentally strong basketball. Also, the UMass board is in melt down too. Some want Kellog out. And some thought we were bad. At least those coaches have had success at their schools.

KAOriginal

All-American
Spider Nation is melting down. They are claiming that Mooney tried to get more athletic players to counter Havoc and lost what made them successful, 3 point shooting and fundamentally strong basketball. Also, the UMass board is in melt down too. Some want Kellog out. And some thought we were bad. At least those coaches have had success at their schools.

Well to be fair, we are in completely different places than they are in the 5 stages of LOSS.

They are just entering the 2nd stage....ANGER.

We however, are in the 5th and final stage....ACCEPTANCE.

At this stage, anything good that happens is complete euphoria to us!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Well to be fair, we are in completely different places than they are in the 5 stages of LOSS.

They are just entering the 2nd stage....ANGER.

We however, are in the 5th and final stage....ACCEPTANCE.

At this stage, anything good that happens is complete euphoria to us!

After last night's game, I felt really good --- the glory of low expectations is that every time we beat the spread and/or actually upset someone, it's like (slight exaggeration) 2006 all over again! (Not really, but this consistent underdog role is kinda fun!)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
After last night's game, I felt really good --- the glory of low expectations is that every time we beat the spread and/or actually upset someone, it's like (slight exaggeration) 2006 all over again! (Not really, but this consistent underdog role is kinda fun!)

It felt really good, I think, because Gray, Holloway and Jenkins all played and shot well on the same night. We are going to need consistency from those three (something that has bee sorely lacking for a long time) if we are going to win more than 5 more games this season.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Did Lockett and Myaimba offically redshirt? Or will all these wins this year get vacated bc of a Mayaimba recruiting/admission violation. lol.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Redshirts are not official until after the season. If Mayimba does not play this season, then his redshirt is automatic. Lockett would have to apply once the season is over, but it should be a slam dunk with the proper medical documentation.

Julian Royal could be back very soon.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Edwards will dish out 6 assists. Holloway will wake up and score 15 points. Thompson will have 12 rebounds.

Goodguys 66
Andrew Garfields 62

twinmom

Walk-On
In case anyone is making the trip down for the game, MasonRVA is having a pre-game happy hour from 5-6:30 at Estilo, 7021 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond (in the Village Shopping Center).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
In case anyone is making the trip down for the game, MasonRVA is having a pre-game happy hour from 5-6:30 at Estilo, 7021 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond (in the Village Shopping Center).

There's such thing as a MasonRVA?

I knew there were a few of us expatriot-Patriots living down here, but I figured like me they were generally disorganized and antisocial. :D

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh trust me, we are generally disorganized and antisocial. :crazytongue: Occasionally drunk and out of our minds, too, but that's fairly standard, I reckon... Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MasonAlumniRichmondClub. Our illustrious leader will also blog from time-to-time...that is, when he's not moonlighting as dad to TWO vcu graduates.

Even one vcu graduate in a family is one too many. Two is unspeakable.

My wife thought I was joking when I told my son (a HS senior) that he could go to any college in the world that would have him except vcu and I'd help him foot the bill.

I said, no dear, I am deadly serious. I get physically ill thinking of my (somewhat) hard-earned dollars going to vcu when I buy basketball tickets. No chance I'm paying for my kid to get a degree there.

She reacted as if she had just discovered I'm an idiot, 25 years after we began dating. Go figure.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That kid with the one handed shot isn't bad. Hewitt would probably offer him a scholarship if he were 6'7"

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That kid with the one handed shot isn't bad. Hewitt would probably offer him a scholarship if he were 6'7"

I was more impressed with Marko getting his first steal of the season.