Game 13: La Salle University, Saturday, Jan 3rd, 7 PM, NO TV

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Normally, I would agree, but when I looked at other schools, the prices are similar to what Mason is charging.

I don't want to speak for PoorManProfit, but perhaps he meant it's a high price considering the product we are paying to see. Dayton has individua games between $20-$30/game. I don't think anybody here would bat an eye at $30 if we were in the top 3 in the A10.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GW's ticket prices apparently range from $16-$50 for lesser opponents and $25-$55 for bigger games.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GW's ticket prices apparently range from $16-$50 for lesser opponents and $25-$55 for bigger games.
I would like for us to have a pricing model similar to GW where ticket prices are based on the opponent.

wijg

Starter
http://explorertown.proboards.com/thread/1557/george-mason:

"George Mason is not a game this team can afford to lose. George Mason is honestly the most confusing team in the conference to me. They have a decent roster but Hewitt is one god awful coach. Somehow he manages to lose to bad teams like Cornell and CoC but be competitive with teams such as Old Dominion and UNI. Makes no sense to me. This team isn't very good on the offensive or defensive end either. They play zone for most of the game and Hewitt doesn't make many adjustments to it. They struggle to make their threes and have to heavily rely on their play in the paint. Stop Shevon Thompson La Salle wins the game.

Continue to produce through both Wright/Zack and our guards, play some tough defense we should win. Hopefully Price keeps up this level of play up and Zack and Wright continue to make their shots."
Nice find Pablo. Impressed he pretty much nailed the analysis of our team for the last four years in one paragraph. That quote is pretty telling in a couple ways. Telling how far down we have fallen. Telling that outsiders can see how bad Hewitt is. I guess that gives a little hope that it will be recognized by the BE (etc.) and dealt with by the end of the year.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I don't want to speak for PoorManProfit, but perhaps he meant it's a high price considering the product we are paying to see. Dayton has individua games between $20-$30/game. I don't think anybody here would bat an eye at $30 if we were in the top 3 in the A10.

One could argue that with any sport. Look at the Redskins for example, lower bowl seats are well over $100. Washington Nationals, the seats behind home plate are over $300.

Of course, I remember paying $10 for a game in the mid to late 90's at the PC.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
La Salle is a 1 point favorite according to Vegas Insider. Mason opened as the favorite.

According to that same site, the game pits a team that has beaten the spread in the last 5 games (La Salle) vs one that has beaten the spread in the last 4 games (us). Which streak will continue?!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I predict Tony Washington will have a career best night against us. He will likely score 40 points.

That's funny but sadly true, Walter. I always look for the players who average less than 4 points a game and assume one of them will score a career high against us. Somebody should alert the Washington family that their boy is going to be on SportsCenter tonight.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am averaging about a post a week, if that, this season. Makes me sad. Even with the vastly improved play I'm just not that excited about Mason basketball. My biggest beef as someone who lives far from campus is that we've played ourselves into such irrelevance that I almost never get to actually watch the games. Listening to us suck is even worse than watching us suck.

That said, I feel (even with our inability to do anything against Oklahoma's defense) that this team is quite a bit better than the pre-season prognostications. We turned a corner a couple of weeks ago and moved from "bad" to "mediocre." I think we will finish closer to the middle than the bottom. I expect that begins with a win tonight against La Salle.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am averaging about a post a week, if that, this season. Makes me sad. Even with the vastly improved play I'm just not that excited about Mason basketball.

I feel you, P2000. On game day I used to look at the clock and think, "Damn, our game doesn't start for another 3 hours." Now I look at the clock and think, "Crap, I have to leave for the game in a few hours."

The good thing is my kids still enjoy going, so we all load into the car and hope for the best while preparing for the worst. I have to admit, the food they serve at the Patriot Club goes along way toward determining whether the night ends up being worthwhile or not. Sad that it's comes to that, but it is what it is.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, my son really wants to go to a game, and we will make it to 1 or 2. And because I'm removed from it, it's still really fun to be part of the game day atmosphere. Even that has takeb a nose dive, but thank goodness for the green machine

Haxormax

Starter
anyone using the a10 network player not able to get it to load?

edit: nm it was silverlight being blocked