Game 12: GMU (7-4) at ODU (7-4) on Wednesday, December 21, at 4:00 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Still scratching my head at those last few possessions. FTs will be this teams Achilles heel this season. Absolutely mind boggling.

illayin

Sixth Man
He wasn't the first option. In fact, he might have been the last. No one got open.

oh i know, but i think using the timeout would have been warranted to get pretty much anyone else on the line instead

edit: in fact, i'd argue he shouldn't have even been on the court in that situation. but i'm guessing he's on the team in practice that practices these plays the most.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The positive is that this was a glorified scrimmage because of all the earlier losses.
Very true, this would sting a lot more if we were worried about NET and at large. All that matters is A10 play. Fix some of these easy issues and winning three games in Brooklyn doesn’t look all that difficult.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Still scratching my head at those last few possessions. FTs will be this teams Achilles heel this season. Absolutely mind boggling.
You mean the part where we let them get downhill with ease or the part where their big calmly knocks down 2 while our craps the bed....

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Its easy for me to coach from my couch, so I'll ask:
if you know ODU is going to foul, why not put your best 5 free throw shooters on the floor? If you tell me Josh is one of our top 5 free throw shooters, fine. But if he isn't (he's tied for 6th with Ojiako heading into this game), he shouldnt be out there in that situation.
Devils advocate- who else is going to be out there? Dinkins, by % is our best FT shooter, but did he even play today?
Credit ODU for forcing the ball to the right shooter.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dinkins look
Its easy for me to coach from my couch, so I'll ask:
if you know ODU is going to foul, why not put your best 5 free throw shooters on the floor? If you tell me Josh is one of our top 5 free throw shooters, fine. But if he isn't (he's tied for 6th with Ojiako heading into this game), he shouldnt be out there in that situation.
Devils advocate- who else is going to be out there? Dinkins, by % is our best FT shooter, but did he even play today?
Credit ODU for forcing the ball to the right shooter.
Dinkins looks very solid from the line. No reason to have any but the best free throw shooters out there in that situation.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Dinkins look

Dinkins looks very solid from the line. No reason to have any but the best free throw shooters out there in that situation.
Devil’s advocate, Dinkins hadn’t played at all and I don’t think you can just throw a freshman into the game cold in that situation.

We had 4 other guys to get the ball to and it ended up with none of them. That’s lack of execution.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Coppin State scares me this coming Friday. The Fightin’ Juan Dixon’s beat JMU 107-100 in double OT earlier today.
A lot of folks in these boards are going to be scratching their heads wondering why we didn’t sign Sessoms after watching this game.