Game 12: AT #19 University of Oklahoma, Wednesday, December 31st, 5 PM (EST), MASN2

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Meh, hitting a 75 foot shot to squeak out a win against Mahattan (Im assuming that is what it is, I cant get the video to play) in the midst of a multiple seasons of terrible bball doesnt really do it for me. Sure its nice and wild, but its really just a blip of false excitement in the realization of what we have become.

If you can't really enjoy a moment like this, then IMO you probably should stop following the Patriots this season.

Patriotfan49

Starter
If you can't really enjoy a moment like this, then IMO you probably should stop following the Patriots this season.

Thanks for the advice. I didnt say it wasnt fun to watch at the time. But in the grand scheme of things, its really just a nothing more than a hail mary shot to beat a 4-7 team. Just shows where we have fallen to, and currently sit as a program.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Looking at the big picture, Pablo, the fact that we needed a miracle shot to beat a mediocre Manhattan team isn't something to celebrate.

And quite frankly, I'm not sure what that video you posted has to do with the current discussion.

But at least we've established that the guys will show some emotion if they hit a 75-foot buzzer-beater to escape what would've been a pretty bad loss. That's a start I guess.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Looking at the big picture, Pablo, the fact that we needed a miracle shot to beat a mediocre Manhattan team isn't something to celebrate.

And quite frankly, I'm not sure what that video you posted has to do with the current discussion.

But at least we've established that the guys will show some emotion if they hit a 75-foot buzzer-beater to escape what would've been a pretty bad loss. That's a start I guess.

Jim,

As a lifetime Philadelphia sports fan since the 1950's, no one needs to tell me about frustration and disappointment. But, I will always celebrate a game-winning buzzer-beater shot regardless of the opponent.

wijg

Starter
For those of you that watched the TV broadcast, did you hear the one guy say how wildly inconsistent Hewitt's record was. I almost fainted that a broadcaster actually finally admitted that. Usually, the broadcasters try to tell us what a great coach he is. Now, admittedly, those two guys were huge homers for OU, but I don't recall ever hearing a previous homer say something like that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
For those of you that watched the TV broadcast, did you hear the one guy say how wildly inconsistent Hewitt's record was. I almost fainted that a broadcaster actually finally admitted that. Usually, the broadcasters try to tell us what a great coach he is. Now, admittedly, those two guys were huge homers for OU, but I don't recall ever hearing a previous homer say something like that.

The longer he's away from the "protection" of a power conference -- and the longer our program continues to flounder -- the less media members will feel compelled to kiss his a**.

He sucks. Everybody knows it. But the media is generally so complicit/weak/disinterested/ineffective today, there aren't many people with the stones to come right out and say it.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That ball should have never even been passed to MM. Credit to him for throwing up the wild shot rather than eating it.