Game 12: AT #19 University of Oklahoma, Wednesday, December 31st, 5 PM (EST), MASN2

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Well, sort of, Fox Sports Southwest has picked this game up. As of starting this thread, I have found no evidence that any DC channels is picking this up.

This is a rematch from last year's game that took place at the Verizon Center (BB&T Classic) in which Mason lost by a score of 81-66.

Last year's box score: https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/261838.pdf?SPID=127260&DB_OEM_ID=31000

Oklahoma has a 8-3 record coming into this game. The schedule is here: http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=208793118

Stats: https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/352034.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=31000

4 players average double figures in points. Ryan Spangler averages 8.8 rebounds per game.

Discuss.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I did a search for this game on DirecTV, and it's apparently getting picked up by many of the Fox Sports regional networks, including Ohio, Southwest, Arizona and West.

We are playing well of late, but I envision a score similar t0 last year's game with the Sooners. And if it is another blowout, I'm happy most casual basketball fans won't be watching because they are already starting to get hammered.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fox College Sports Central will be carrying the game in DC. Verizon FiOS subscribers have this channel in standard definition, #301.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I checked out the FCS Central schedule and I'm wondering if the game is tape delayed there. It's listed for 8 and I think the game is 4 CT and 5 ET.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
rpiforecast/ sagarin has us 20.2 underdogs in this one. It was 22 pts going into last night's game.

That now has us 10th in the A10 (we were 11th) ahead of St. Joe's, Duquesne, St. Louis, & Fordham. They also only have us as favorites in 3 more games (2 home games and 1 away against St. Louis).

GMU_Polevaulter

Preferred Walk-On
I expect it to be closer then last year - so don't think it's a 20 point blow out but I don't expect GMU to win. I look forward to seeing how
they perform against a top ranked team as they are playing much better recently.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hopefully this is the game where Holloway or Jenkins shows up. With Thompson and Moore playing well of recent we need at least one of these guys to pour in 15 points for this game to have a chance. Should be a closer game than last year.

Goodguys 71
Wagon Wheel Dust Blowers 80

Last edited:
I will say, Thompson negates a little of what teams like Maryland and Oklahoma had on us previously...

That being said, at Okie it's a moral victory to stay within ten.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Was just coming on here to update the Masn2 info (579 on comcast HD), why does my channel guide have the info before go mason.com is even updated?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
rpiforecast/ sagarin has us 20.2 underdogs in this one. It was 22 pts going into last night's game.

That now has us 10th in the A10 (we were 11th) ahead of St. Joe's, Duquesne, St. Louis, & Fordham. They also only have us as favorites in 3 more games (2 home games and 1 away against St. Louis).

I'm thinking rpi forecast is slow to recognize the Thompson/Jackson effect. I'd like to think GMU can stay well within 20 @ Oklahoma. Not favored in the first four conference games? Home against Lasalle & UMass and on the road against Richmond and SBU (essentially a neutral site game)? Doubt I'm the only person who posts here that'd be disappointed in something less than a 2-2 conference start.