Game 11: AT Wright State University, Tuesday, December 23rd, 7 PM, NO TV

psyclone

Hall of Famer

More assists than turnovers and 17 assists on 26 made baskets.
Moore goes from scoring 20+ a game to 2; Jackson scores 22 to make up for it.

Who would have guessed with Trey Porter with all zeros except for 2 personal fouls, Moore and Jenkins with a total of 4 pts that we would upset a decent team on the road! Talk about team depth!

Nice game guys!

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Too many drinking the Hewitt Coolaid. Sigh. Nice to win a game but so many limitations, starting with the coach having no time outs left at the end.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed that this was another pleasant surprise. To think Holloway/Jenkins/Moore was probably what we'd have considered our big three going into the season, and on a night where they all didn't put up big numbers, we still beat a decent team on the road.

Loved the defense as well. Since the ODU game we've been extremely active on that end, not giving up anything easy and holding them to one shot. Jenkins/Thompson have a nice chemistry where it seems one of them usually challenges a shot while the other stays home to clean up the glass. Nice to see.

Lastly, Jackson just seems like a winner. Not a freak athlete or dominant player in any one respect, but just seems to make plays out there. Seeing that our staff hasn't seemed to make a lot of players smarter or more instinctual during their time at Mason, it's nice to see a guy come in as a freshman with smarts. I won't call him Luke-like yet, but he's easily the closest we've had in the last few years.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Too many drinking the Hewitt Coolaid. Sigh. Nice to win a game but so many limitations, starting with the coach having no time outs left at the end.

Well, the refs took one away for Jenkins' injury, and the last one was burned because Jackson got into trouble. Only one bizarre timeout in the second half that I can think of, and that's not too bad.

The defense was much better for about 37 minutes of this game as well, there were about 3-5 minutes when it looked like the wheels were going to fall off there towards the end, but they held it together.

Still don't think Hewitt is our coach going forward, but this wasn't a poorly coached game by him.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He was open on all 5 of his missed 3s in the second half, just didn't knock them down.
Yeah, the first 4 were good shots and he usually hits those. The last one was probably ill-advised because it was so early in the shot clock and we needed to kill the clock. But I also have a hard time complaining about a player being aggressive and going for the kill shot.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Man, this team's resume would look so much better if Vaughn Gray's shot had gone in against CofC. Then we'd have a good OOC with a bad first game blip.

GMUJETS24

Four-star Recruit
any word on mayimba? could only imagine how he would fit into the current rotation. 3-0 with jackson as starter

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Redshirting while he waits for the NCAA to take its head out of its bloated, pus-filled bureaucratic a**.

It really is unbelievable how the NCAA is dragging its feet on this and leaving a good kid in limbo. If there are no transcripts from his freshman year in high school, how do they think they will magically appear in the future? He obviously completed the required work once he came to the States, so that should be good enough.

gmu05

Starter
It really is unbelievable how the NCAA is dragging its feet on this and leaving a good kid in limbo.

Do we really know this is what is happening? I didn't see him behind the bench against Iona. Can he even qualify academically? Is he even taking classes right now?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Do we really know this is what is happening? I didn't see him behind the bench against Iona. Can he even qualify academically? Is he even taking classes right now?

From what I've heard, he's enrolled in school and has been taking classes since this summer. I've seen him at almost every home game, and he is by far one of our most vocal fans from behind the bench. You can tell he loves his teammates and is itching to play.

I don't think it's the end of the world if he ends up red-shirting (especially with Hewitt's status in limbo), but I do hope the NCAA gives him his full four years of eligibility.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
From what I've heard, he's enrolled in school and has been taking classes since this summer. I've seen him at almost every home game, and he is by far one of our most vocal fans from behind the bench. You can tell he loves his teammates and is itching to play.

I don't think it's the end of the world if he ends up red-shirting (especially with Hewitt's status in limbo), but I do hope the NCAA gives him his full four years of eligibility.

This situation brings back memories of former Patriot Terrance Nixon. Terrance was a good student at Oxon Hill H.S. but was classified as a Proposition 48 student-athlete because of low SAT scores. As a result, Terrance was not eligible to play during his freshman academic year.

Fortunately, Terrance had a very positive attitude about the situation. He was a good student at Mason, graduated with a dual major, and earned a 4th year of eligibility. Hopefully, Therence Mayimba has a similar attitude.