Game 11: AT James Madison University, Saturday, December 12th, 4 PM, NO TV

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Third straight embarrassing road loss. Losses are easier to take - but getting blown out by Towson and JMU while blowing a huge lead against a Manhattan team with 5 scholarship players? Ouch.

Wait until we face vcu and GW on the road.

Just on the road?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What do you think is behind this?

Broads, Buicks, and Buckley

Mason had an opportunity at the beginning to dictate this game but they missed a ton of open shots and you could see as the game wore on and JMU just packed it in defensively (no need to bother covering our shooters on the outside) that the team just gave up.

I think two things happened: one, I think this schedule has been brutal on the freshman. We've had no break in games. And I think we're going to see more and more stinkers from Oits and Grayer going forward, especially when we get into the A-10 and they get ground down by the guard play.

And two: I don't think Paulsen tried to do anything differently either offensively or defensively.

liem.le.3388

Starter
I heard he might be battling some injuries that haven't been discussed publicly, but that shouldn't affect his hands. He just seems lost out there. Feel bad for the guy. Tough for him to get any room to operate, because nobody justifiably respects our young backcourt.
It's gotten to the point where he needs to pass out immediately when he sees a double coming. He just has no idea what he's doing with two bodies on him, even if it were two 6ft guards.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well - at least I can reminisce about the only Mason at JMU game I ever attended.

2005-2006. A glorious win after trailing at halftime on our way to the FF. A glorious sleep in the Harrisonburg Motel 6 while reveling in victory.

Not so much glory the last five years of Mason hoops.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just on the road?

Didn't read thoroughly the first time - I suspect Mason will have a losing record at home too. I'll maintain a shred of positivity and assume we won't embarrass ourselves like we have on the road.

With Marko out though - so far so bad.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Didn't read thoroughly the first time - I suspect Mason will have a losing record at home too. I'll maintain a shred of positivity and assume we won't embarrass ourselves like we have on the road.

With Marko out though - so far so bad.

Wish Jenkins had any kind of offensive game, because I thought his defense was a big improvement over Markos, but offensively it's just pretty brutal.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Most of it is youth, which Paulsen obviously gets a pass on, but the upperclassmen have been terrible as well. We are throwing up airballs on wide open shots and committing unforced turnovers that even young players shouldn't be committing. Just one of those games where nothing — and I mean nothing — is going right.

Tom, are you missing a "h" in there somewhere?

hairball.gif

March Madness32

Four-star Recruit
This team plays best with a clear conscience, the off court stuff can be blamed just as much as home/away or anything else for that matter. At the beginning of the year Holloway got suspended for not meeting program expectations as a student athlete and they couldn't beat Colgate, a team they should be able to beat 100 out of 100 times. Marko has an honor code violation and now this egg. Screwups are taking the air out of this team.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can anybody recall the last time we had a game without one player hitting double digits? This was one of those days where you can honestly say nobody really played well.

I'm starting to feel bad for DeAndre Abrams. After going 0-5 from the floor today, he is now is now shooting 26% this season (13-50). Getting experience is great for our young guys, but even with Livingston and Grayer you have to wonder if these demoralizing losses will have a lasting affect on their psyches. In addition to coaching them up on the court, Paulsen also has to to somehow find a way to keep their spirits up.

Haxormax

Starter
Weird bit o knowledge, I'm at a party in King of Prussia with Villanova basketball players. Talk about wierd

Edit: I got a pic with Darryl Reynolds

Last edited:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are definitely missing Marko's fire and intensity.

But some of those open shots we missed? WOW. :bricks:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We are definitely missing Marko's fire and intensity.

But some of those open shots we missed? WOW. :bricks:

Especially those early ones, might have been a completely different game had Grayer and Otis got going early.

On a night JMU played awful, we played even worse.