Fire Dave Paulsen / Hire Tony Skinn

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
... what else can I do.
Looking like it is time to start discussing the following:
  1. How bad Miller' Paulsen slump will be next year, which freshman will look like a superstar and displace him or other experienced members of the team.
  2. There is also the discussion about firing Paulsen mid-season
  3. Contents for updated letters to Brad
  4. What are the buy out options and whether Mason can afford it
  5. Football (please, no)
  6. Eliminating other sports (please, yes)
  7. How will recruiting be impacted by Paulsen's lame duck or one year extension
  8. Things to do with extra time that won't be spent following Mason "basketball"

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
  1. How bad Miller' Paulsen slump will be next year, which freshman will look like a superstar and displace him or other experienced members of the team.
  5. Football (please, no)
  8. Things to do with extra time that won't be spent following Mason "basketball"
On the positive side, I was barely mocked this season...

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
  5. Football (please, no)
1. Miller will average 2pts and only 1 rebound per contest. DP will tell everyone that he has been a "stud" in "practice".
2. Firing discussions will begin next season when we lose to Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow by 12 in the exhibition game in October.
3. Footage of the exhibition.
4. All members of the boards can turn to prostitution to fund the exit.
5. Been there, done that. But, our club team will compete for the "Who Gives a Sh&t" trophy.
6. All sports are relegated to DIII due to lack of interest and funding.
7. We'll rely on the BRYC pipeline.
8. On-line poker and "adult" sites will take up a substantial amount of time for many.

KAOriginal

All-American
The most troubling quote in reference to Paulsen:

"Mason is not going to fire someone for being average. It would take real failure or other horrible offense."

That my friends is your athletic department/University in a nutshell. Average is acceptable.

And why without luck, we will never be a serious program.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
  5. Football (please, no)

1. Probably will get hurt and go down to like a 8 points a game 5 rebounds guy. Mike Gray will look like a superstar, TJ Gladsden will look like Daddy does. Energetic and good for at least a putback layup and some defense 5 minutes a game.
2. Won't happen, only if someone sets themselves on fire.
3. I'm not sure if I even want to write another letter at this point. If they dont know what is best for the program, my letter won't change their mind. I feel like I might have to say something though one way or another.
4. Better off betting that an academic facility gets a facelift.
5. Haha.
6. Hahaha
7. More random recruits who have MEAC schools as their best offer.
8. Spend time with my newborn coming is my plan.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The most troubling quote in reference to Paulsen:

"Mason is not going to fire someone for being average. It would take real failure or other horrible offense."

That my friends is your athletic department/University in a nutshell. Average is acceptable.

And why without luck, we will never be a serious program.
Where did you read this

KAOriginal

All-American
Where did you read this

NOT READ...it was said to me when I asked about Paulsen.

Close enough from the powers to be for me to go "yep what I figured."

The best thing we can do as the vocal minority is to sh*t on this program on here, to Brad, on social media with recruits, etc.

They already have a problem selling this sh*t sandwich so let's make it harder till they listen.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
NOT READ...it was said to me when I asked about Paulsen.

Close enough from the powers to be for me to go "yep what I figured."

The best thing we can do as the vocal minority is to sh*t on this program on here, to Brad, on social media with recruits, etc.

They already have a problem selling this sh*t sandwich so let's make it harder till they listen.

Would be interesting as a thought experiment. Would Paulsen be our coach in 25 years having never been to a meaningful postseason but never finishing in the bottom 4 again and maintaining a just below .500 conference record?

Is this why Paulsen’s OOC schedule is so soft? Beat up on the crappy teams but never compete for anything meaningful and keep your job?

KAOriginal

All-American
Would be interesting as a thought experiment. Would Paulsen be our coach in 25 years having never been to a meaningful postseason but never finishing in the bottom 4 again and maintaining a just below .500 conference record?

Is this why Paulsen’s OOC schedule is so soft? Beat up on the crappy teams but never compete for anything meaningful and keep your job?

Hell to the yes. This guy knows he's maxed out. He doesn't even look like a Power 5 coach. At his age with no upward trajectory, he would gladly suck off the Mason teet for the next 20 years if that were indeed a possible scenario.

Imagine at least for time being with this AD---the conversation goes like this:

BE- "All you have to do is win some home OOC games (cupcakes), be competitive in the A-10 (finish top 2/3 of conference with a few choice wins) and keep players out of trouble and educated. (don't embarrass the school) and you're good!"

DP- "Here hold my Mountain Dew."

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lucky for me I have three degrees from three different institutions and I can turn down the care meter for Mason basketball and turn up the care meter for one of the other ones (I am still a fan of college basketball overall).

So I guess the question is: do I start caring about what the Old Cuban Man is doing down in Miami (sounds like a no), or what Bobby Hurley is doing in the desert?

KAOriginal

All-American
Here's the travesty of everything since the AD can't think outside the box:

Men's Basketball is the crown jewel and needs to be fixed.
Women's basketball isn't and no chance of being and can wait.

Tell Milleson she gets 2 more years with a pay reduction then we part ways...unless she turns the corner.

Paulsen is sent packing and we get the Mens program back on track now not later.

BOOM.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
In Paulsens 6th season and self proclaimed best team there were 6 (!!!!!) teams playing meaningful post season basketball this year. We aren’t one of em. We suck. Fire Mason fans too. Fire everyone except the beer man in the gold room.. Start over from scratch.
Preach

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
In Paulsens 6th season and self proclaimed best team there were 6 (!!!!!) teams playing meaningful post season basketball this year. We aren’t one of em. We suck. Fire Mason fans too. Fire everyone except the beer man in the gold room.. Start over from scratch.

Utterly embarrassing