Email Pres. Washington to hire Tony

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys, there is no need to hound the president or anyone else about hiring Skinn. They know how much the fanbase loves Skinn and is getting all due consideration in this process. They have heard the fanbase loud in clear on the various issues. They are extremely busy finishing up the process of hiring our next coach. I am confident the coach they hire will meet with overwhelming approval by the fanbase. I suggest you give them some breathing room to finish this up. Give them the opportunity to show you they are newly dedicated to our program with their actions.

John Calipari confirmed. Can't wait!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys, there is no need to hound the president or anyone else about hiring Skinn. They know how much the fanbase loves Skinn and is getting all due consideration in this process. They have heard the fanbase loud in clear on the various issues. They are extremely busy finishing up the process of hiring our next coach. I am confident the coach they hire will meet with overwhelming approval by the fanbase. I suggest you give them some breathing room to finish this up. Give them the opportunity to show you they are newly dedicated to our program with their actions.
True. Maybe I'll take back my "likewise."

Did they hear our concerns from 2011 till now? They need to be held accountable! The board of visitors and Dr Washington are insulated in 1%er cushy bubbles. We need to push hard for the changes we want or else nothing will happen and they’ll trot the 20th anniversary of the final 4 out while the droughts roar on.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That’s all I need to hear. If you know Brian’s history with the AD, then you’d know he doesn’t give praise like this easily.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't know GMUBrian - he seems connected and an overall nice gentleman. There is a risk he might be an overly optimistic person or too uncritical of the administration but I will defer to his position.

Having said that, I still think a little Pitchfork and Torch type of heat and pressure is not unwarranted. I can wait and see and still dust off the pitchfork at the same time. Just in case.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know GMUBrian - he seems connected and an overall nice gentleman. There is a risk he might be an overly optimistic person or too uncritical of the administration but I will defer to his position.

Having said that, I still think a little Pitchfork and Torch type of heat and pressure is not unwarranted. I can wait and see and still dust off the pitchfork at the same time. Just in case.
This doesn’t work at many bigger institutions. Until we have multiple six figure check writers this will have minimal impact and may even backfire.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

@gmubrian Too uncritical of the administration?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Just stop while you’re ahead my friend. Please.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure where this fits, but I hope we find a way to give our social media team a raise and keep them here, including our video and photo editor (think his name is Jacob?) We had one of, if not the best social media team in the A10 this year and that stuff makes a difference for fans, players, and recruits.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With all due respect, Brian, what have they ever done to deserve any breathing room? All we've ever know is stall, delay, distract until the problem goes away or apathy sets in. I don't think that them seeing that people aren't just going to sit on their hands is not necessarily a bad thing.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With all due respect, Brian, what have they ever done to deserve any breathing room? All we've ever know is stall, delay, distract until the problem goes away or apathy sets in. I don't think that them seeing that people aren't just going to sit on their hands is not necessarily a bad thing.
Patriot Dog speaks some truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt based on some of the early reports, but if we don’t have a coach signed going into next weekend alarm bells need to start ringing very loudly around Fairfax.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure where this fits, but I hope we find a way to give our social media team a raise and keep them here, including our video and photo editor (think his name is Jacob?) We had one of, if not the best social media team in the A10 this year and that stuff makes a difference for fans, players, and recruits.

Jacob is one of the best in the business. His work is tops. Super nice guy too.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I understand your skepticism. I am not suggesting we stand down indefinitely. I am only suggesting that people give them time to do step one, land a great coach. The information I have is they are doing that right and with all urgency.

Step, two, higher an Athletic Director. Step, three, new AD starts filling all the vacant positions and addressing the other issues in department. This is going to take time to fix. The athletic department has been neglected for quite sometime. I am only saying that this situation has gotten their attention and the attention of donors from top to bottom. The overly optimistic part of me says this might even be a turning point for our beloved program.

Now we watch for reasonable signs of progress with a reasonable amount of patience. Feel free to keep the pitch forks close at hand in case of emergency, they just aren’t needed today.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I obviously have missed something - I was just going off his post - apologies for any offense.
If you go back through the many years of the program and posting on the boards here, I have been supportive when appropriate and been extremely vocal in my dissatisfaction when I have felt it was deserved.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If you go back through the many years of the program and posting on the boards here, I have been supportive when appropriate and been extremely vocal in my dissatisfaction when I have felt it was deserved.
Maybe suggest a quarterly newsletter from the AD with published KPIs. if serious about change they shall do something along these lines, if not it is more of the same.