Countdown to the End of the Coach Hewitt Era

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Im not sure I could deal with the vcu onslaught of laughter if we did that. UGH.

As for this rumor of "new coach not having a team." I am very worried. Howland or not, there better be some extenuating circumstances on why this person is sitting in a recliner right now.....

I'm not clamoring for the guy. I suppose I should rephrase and say, "I wouldn't lose my shit if Mason hired Anthony Grant."

If the rumor is true and Edwards already has his guy in mind, then it won't matter anyways.

gmu05

Starter
The problem I have with Grant is he did OK at vcu. Shaka put them on the map. And he goes to Alabama and does well nothing because he got fired. If had he resources and recruiting grounds of the SEC and couldn't do anything do we want him here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant essentially built the 2011 final four team, so I think he deserves a bit more credit

Patriotfan49

Starter
I had no idea he is such a huge 49ers fan until I started following him. He's very passionate about that as well.

Well then, can't wait to hear him tell us all about how the 9er players should be held accountable if Jim Tomsula is in over his head. Man I can't catch a break with my teams lately lol…..Hewitt just won't go away and its been a hellish offseason, my favorite player up and retired out of the blue and we have a guy that looks more like he should be making pizzas than coaching a NFL franchise lol.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Not very classy of a lower tier program like Alabama to fire Grant just 3 days after his last game. :confused:

Tim Welsh on ESPN talking about Alabama firing Grant before their NIT game:

"Nice move Alabama. Real classy. Good luck."

Welsh 1 - wijg 0

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Which tournament are we waiting for?

Of course Alabama knew they were in the running for an NIT game - that might be the dumbest thing you've said yet (and that's saying something).

It doesn't matter though - we lost out on all of those coaches that we were going to land because they heard about our opening while watching games this weekend. Now nobody will know when we have an opening. We should probably just keep Hewitt at this point.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Tim Welsh? The guy who couldn't even make it a month as the Head Coach of Hofstra before passing out drunk behind the wheel at a green light?

wijg

Starter
Tim Welsh? The guy who couldn't even make it a month as the Head Coach of Hofstra before passing out drunk behind the wheel at a green light?
Don't you know, that is what makes him the arbiter of what is classy. Get with the program Dan. The classy/non classy crowd likes to pick and choose what facts suit the moment.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If we had to hire a coach with vcu ties -- and we don't -- I'd rather we go with Shaka's top assistant, Mike Morrell. Young, very smart guy who will be a head coach before long. Also would come much cheaper than Grant.

But I'd rather we not pick fruit from that nasty-a** tree unless the only other alternative is starvation.

wijg

Starter
Hopefully today's the day we've all been waiting for. I'll probably check my phone every 5 minutes until it happens. Gonna be a very productive work day/week until Hewittts canned.
Yeah, if I didn't already wear out my refresh button last week, I hope it does not give out before the announcement is made...