OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For the 4th and remaining double bye spot

so basically Mason has to beat Fordham, and Fordham has to lose to Duquense and Mason has to beat Richmond so that Mason finishes 11-7 with Fordham.

In addition, Duquense has to lose to Umass and finish 10-8.

Unless I'm missing how GW factors in here and what I'm saying above is all moot.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’d rather play Fordham again than Dayton again assuming we make the semis.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
For the 4th and remaining double bye spot

so basically Mason has to beat Fordham, and Fordham has to lose to Duquense and Mason has to beat Richmond so that Mason finishes 11-7 with Fordham.

In addition, Duquense has to lose to Umass and finish 10-8.

Unless I'm missing how GW factors in here and what I'm saying above is all moot.

If everything you described happened and GW wins both their games and there is a three-way tie we might wind up fourth? 1-1 vs GW and 1-0 vs Fordham (2-1); Fordham would be 1-0 against GW and 0-1 against us (1-1) and GW would be 1-1 against us and 0-1 against Fordham (1-2). We’d have the best winning percentage against the teams we are tied with.

Of course if SLU loses one more game (they play Dayton in their final game) then there is a 4 way tie: SLU is 1-0 against Mason and GW and 0-1 against Fordham, which might also give us the tiebreaker as we’d be tied with Fordham and then it goes head-to-head I think? SLU finishes 3rd we finish 4th? I think that’s how it would play out.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If everything you described happened and GW wins both their games and there is a three-way tie we might wind up fourth? 1-1 vs GW and 1-0 vs Fordham (2-1); Fordham would be 1-0 against GW and 0-1 against us (1-1) and GW would be 1-1 against us and 0-1 against Fordham (1-2). We’d have the best winning percentage against the teams we are tied with.

Of course if SLU loses one more game (they play Dayton in their final game) then there is a 4 way tie: SLU is 1-0 against Mason and GW and 0-1 against Fordham, which might also give us the tiebreaker as we’d be tied with Fordham and then it goes head-to-head I think? SLU finishes 3rd we finish 4th? I think that’s how it would play out.
Hopefully by 11 pm tomorrow night things will be a bit more clearer and a bit more in our favor

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ll give mason a shot against any A10 Team.

But it’s hard to beat good teams twice. So honestly give me vcu in the A10 tournament!

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So we want vcu in the championship

Do we all want to die of heart attacks lmao. Guess so

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
3/1 Updated Standings
1) Tied for 5th place
2) will end up no worse than 7th place
3) need a win and a GW Loss and we are no worse than 6th place - vcu at GWU
4) same for a GMU win and a Duquesne loss - Dukes at Fordham
5) even with a Fordham loss we may be out of 4th place

1677730474972.png

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
3/1 Updated Standings
1) Tied for 5th place
2) will end up no worse than 7th place
3) need a win and a GW Loss and we are no worse than 6th place - vcu at GWU
4) same for a GMU win and a Duquesne loss - Dukes at Fordham
5) even with a Fordham loss we may be out of 4th place

View attachment 1671
Is there any scenario that has us matching up against SLU in a quarter final game? Think that’s probably our best matchup of the top 4 with how it’s shaping up.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Is there any scenario that has us matching up against SLU in a quarter final game? Think that’s probably our best matchup of the top 4 with how it’s shaping up.
If:

Fordham beats Duquesne
Dayton beats SLU
vcu beats GW
Mason beats Richmond

Then: Fordham is the 3 seed, SLU is the 4, Mason is the 5 and Duquesne is the 6

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Dayton LOSING to SLU by 9 at the half

other 3 relevant games are tomorrow

---
Dayton loses by 4

Last edited:

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So we escape with a win in Richmond... that guarantees us the 6 seed at least right?