Brions Grille getting rid of memorabilia

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Yes my friend emailed them too, maybe a day after this thread was posted, and hasn't heard anything back yet either. They are probably crushed under an avalanche of inquiries.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I'm all for people arranging watch parties, if it's not in Fairfax though its gonna have to be metro accessible, otherwise my basement it is.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Brion's Grille
Yesterday at 7:27am (meaning it was taken down sometime on August 26th)
Today marks an end of an era. The George Mason Final Four Run Wall is coming down. Come by today to pay your respect to the now familiar local shrine. Maybe if you're lucky we'll let you have a piece.

Harry

Starter
I've been reined in as well. My wife has been very understanding about my GMU obsession and knew about it when we were dating, but drew the line at green and gold tuxedos for our wedding. I relented on that one...
My wife is a bigger George Mason fan than me, if that's even possible. She still believes it's too soon to declare Paul Hewitt a lost cause. However, even she would see another season like 2013-14 as reason to dismiss Hewitt.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Credit where credit is due - Raquel Nicole DeSouza from Fourth Estate got to the bottom of the Brion's Grille memorabilia question:
According to Jordan Doss, the manager of Brion’s Grille, school spirit items will be spread around the restaurant. For example, the basketball jerseys will be put in the bar area.

“We took down the display piece-by-piece and then early [on September 22], around 4 a.m., the whole wall [was] knocked down,” Doss said. “It’s not going to be put back up in the same sense.”

The restaurant is still determining how to re-arrange the newspaper clippings and pictures from the Final Four.

“One of the ideas would be to make small collages with [the pictures and newspaper clippings], so that they’re a little more manageable and we can put them in different spots,” Doss said. “Another idea has been to put some on the tables so you would be looking down at Final Four photos and clippings and stuff like that.”
http://gmufourthestate.com/2014/09/24/final-four-wall-in-brions-torn-down-for-new-renovations/