Brions Grille getting rid of memorabilia

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Via Brions Grille page on FB:
Interested in owning a piece of GMU & Brion's Grille history?

Our back room is getting larger and the wall is being replaced so unfortunately our tribute to GMU's Final Four run has to go.

We are hoping to find a new home for it, or pieces of it. Contact us at bgrillemanagement@gmail.com if you're interested.

KAOriginal

All-American
You know you're pretty close to rock bottom when the ONE BAR in the world that recognized and honored your program says "eh throw that stuff out and paint the it blue."

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So why does it have to go? Can't you just hold on to it and 'rebuild' a tribute wall? Or has Brion S. finally lost hope and confidence in the team?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So why does it have to go? Can't you just hold on to it and 'rebuild' a tribute wall? Or has Brion S. finally lost hope and confidence in the team?

Sounds like a convenient excuse to get rid of the stuff, but not sure why anybody would want to do that and risk pissing off the most loyal and energetic fan base in the civilized world.

Jollay alone has consumed enough alcohol in Brion's over the past 20 years to justify reserving at least one wall for Mason basketball memorabilia.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'll miss the Final Four memorabilia at Brion's, but appreciate that it was there for so long. I assume that it was first offered to Mason. If so, then why didn't the school accept it?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll miss the Final Four memorabilia at Brion's, but appreciate that it was there for so long. I assume that it was first offered to Mason. If so, then why didn't the school accept it?

Yea, this is a great opportunity for the school to snag some memorabilia and build or put together a dedicated Mason Athletics "Hall of Fame" or whatever you'd like to call it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree that Mason should take the opportunity to take some of this memorabilia. Can someone reach out to someone and ask? I dont even know who the right person to talk to would be other than the usual folks (Max, Greg, etc)

With that said, I'd take some of it in a heartbeat, but my fiancee' wont let me collect anymore Mason stuff until we have a house and a room for it. :bigsmile:

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
There are jerseys as well.

On the back wall are not authentic jerseys. They aren't the ones worn in the game. They look like they were just printed at some sports store. Now the ones in frames in the upstairs section on the left are legit.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Come on, mkaufman1. It's time to grow a pair! You're not married yet, right? You need to let her know now what's what...who's the boss! :D

Lol to be fair my Mason collection is a bit overbearing..at one point I had 25+ Mason shirts..so I can't blame her all THAT much :crazytongue:

Last edited:

mason89

Starter
I've been reined in as well. My wife has been very understanding about my GMU obsession and knew about it when we were dating, but drew the line at green and gold tuxedos for our wedding. I relented on that one...

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Move the entire collection to the Field House. Have volunteers offer to take down and reassemble at the Field House.

Better yet.... Hewitt should make the team pull it down and reassemble at the RAC or Field House. Help build some recognition and pride in this team to show where our legacy lies and how we need to get tough and back to that mentality that we can beat anyone.