GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't his wife and kids live in Missouri?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They better not Rick Barnes us and take him after one year. :mad:
I don't think he would. At least this quickly. Barnes showed he had no class when he said "it's great to be home" then bailed, AND when he tangled with Dean Smith his first year at Clemson. I think Coach has more character than that.
At least I hope so.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't think he would. At least this quickly. Barnes showed he had no class when he said "it's great to be home" then bailed, AND when he tangled with Dean Smith his first year at Clemson. I think Coach has more character than that.
At least I hope so.
Money talks in every profession, especially college sports. If Missouri offered English $3-5 million/season, there is no way Mason could match that. I just hope we learned enough from the Coach L debacle and can pay him enough to want to fulfill his mission here to make Mason a national powerhouse. In Kim we trust.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Money talks in every profession, especially college sports. If Missouri offered English $3-5 million/season, there is no way Mason could match that. I just hope we learned enough from the Coach L debacle and can pay him enough to want to fulfill his mission here to make Mason a national powerhouse. In Kim we trust.

$3-$5 million from your alma mater, no less. I just hope his pitch to get Oduro out of the portal and some of these recruits is that he isn't one-and-done and he's building a program here.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I do trust that if Mason pays the man to stay a long period of time that he can have us close to the top 25. He just needs to be here long enough to recruit more kids like Fernandez to “Stay Home”.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Let's start the pre-emptive fundraising now.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
ESPN summary of first week includes:

Most of the Atlantic 10: One week into the season, just five of 14 teams in the A-10 sit without a loss. Those defeats include Manhattan over Fordham, UC San Diego over George Washington, Sacred Heart over La Salle, UMass Lowell over Dayton -- with Richmond, vcu, Duquesne and UMass all suffering double-digit losses. It might be too early to talk at-large bids, but this league looks an awful lot like St. Bonaventure and not much else this season.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Most of the Atlantic 10: One week into the season, just five of 14 teams in the A-10 sit without a loss. Those defeats include Manhattan over Fordham, UC San Diego over George Washington, Sacred Heart over La Salle, UMass Lowell over Dayton -- with Richmond, vcu, Duquesne and UMass all suffering double-digit losses. It might be too early to talk at-large bids, but this league looks an awful lot like St. Bonaventure and not much else this season.

I guess we'll see, won't we?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Let's put them to the test.