Baseball!

sigmanorm

Starter
Ball game...Mason goes down in order in the 9th. Had the game until the 8th inning meltdown. Good showing boys!! Take it to Texas A&M now!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow. We had a huge opportunity with runners on 1st and 3rd with nobody out and the guy on first got doubled off on a liner to second. 4-1 in the 4th.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
4-2 Aggies after 5. We just can't get a big inning going. Get a couple hits, push a run across, and then it dies.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Hopefully we have some more offensive minded guys coming in next year. Boys are giving it their all though. Gotta give the coaching staff credit for bringing in the players we do have, with what is probably a top 10 worst facility in the country.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2014/06/storied-season-patriots-start-new-chapter/

But many of the guys who helped the team win the title will not be around to defend it. Coach Bill Brown, in his 33rd year leading the program, will lose 13 seniors off the championship team. This is a group that went from being part of a last-place team in the Colonial Athletic Association last year to winning a championship this spring.

“The memories of the run they helped engineer the last few weeks of the season will stay with them forever, and their successes will be a part of Mason baseball history,” Brown says. “They represented the university, athletic department and baseball program with class and dignity. They certainly deserve their place on the outfield wall as champions.”

Mason will return a few starters next season—shortstop Brandon Gum, an undeclared major from Woodbridge, Va.; center fielder Luke Willis, a communication major from Annandale, Va.; and catcher Ray Toto, a management major from Drexel Hill, Pa.

The departing players might miss the team as much as the team will miss them.

“George Mason University has been a great experience for me both academically as well as athletically,” says senior first-team all-conference second baseman Chris Cook, a finance and management major from Riva, Md. “The coaching staff allowed me to grow as a person and I cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me. I will be a Patriot for life.”

“I’ll remember the walk-off [wins], the road trips, the flights, the dog pile, and getting to experience regional baseball on a nationally televised medium,” says senior third baseman-outfielder Blaise Fernandez, a communication major from Bernville, Pa. “Those are the things I’ll take with me for the rest of my life.”

Second-team all-conference pitchers Gaynor and Anthony Montefusco, sport management major from Medford, N.J., will be missed. Montefusco ended his career with 249 strikeouts, breaking the program record of Stacen Gant, who fanned 246 batters from 2002 to 2005.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
2015 Schedule:
http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=209771604

FAIRFAX, Va. – Road trips to Florida, North Carolina, Philadelphia and the Bronx highlight the 2015 George Mason baseball schedule as the Patriots set out to defend their Atlantic 10 Conference tournament championship.

The Patriots will once again head south to begin the season, this time traveling to Port Charlotte, FL for three games in the Snowbird Classic. Mason opens 2015 against Big 10 member Ohio State on February 13 and will also play Iowa on the 15th. Both teams finished in a regular season tie for seventh in the conference last season. Sandwiched in-between is a contest with Kansas State on the 14th.

Following the trip to Port Charlotte, Mason will travel Wilmington, NC from February 20-22 for games against Wake Forest, UNCW and Western Carolina. The final game of the season-opening road swing will be the first of a home-and-home with Longwood in Farmville,Va., who the Patriots defeated twice last season.

The Green and Gold play 11 of the next 12 games at Spuhler Field in Fairfax, hosting series’ against Cornell, New York Tech and Manhattan with single game contests against Yale and the first of another home-and-home with James Madison.

The first Atlantic 10 series of the season will take place in Richmond, Va. against the Richmond Spiders beginning on March 20, a team the Patriots did not play in their inaugural season in the conference. The Spiders ended last season with a conference record of 13-12 and the fifth seed in the A-10 tournament.