Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 1.35.17 PM.png
    400.1 KB · Views: 29,841
Last edited:
OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Skinn and RP3 are set to talk to Rob Dauster and Jeff Goodman on the live stream around 11:15am.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
CTS/RP3 still haven't been interviewed for anyone who is still wanting to watch. One of the commentators is pretty terrible, so not sure if anything substantive will come out of it.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN+ interview was pretty much worthless. Nothing new or interesting, all fluff, lasted maybe 10 mins. Will try to record the Field of 64 interview.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The full replay should be available on espn plus.

At least it used to be in previous years.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Interesting that Fordham was picked 7th while getting one first place vote. Lace em up boys, it's almost time!

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Some highlights of the Dauster/Goodman interview (which was much better than the official ESPN+ interview):

Jeff Goodman: Do you know what you have at this point?
TS: "There's such an unknown factor at this time of the year. This is the most optimistic I've been about a team, because I like our length and depth. These guys have accepted the role of playing for a first year coach, and the buy-in has been there with leaders like Ronny Polite, it's been smooth for me. Anytime you have that kind of cohesiveness, you always have a chance, and that's all you can ask for early on in the season."

Tony told a story about needing a haircut before the UConn game during the Elite Eight, and how he almost missed the call from Coach L that he was going to get the start. "What if he found you and you were getting a haircut, instead of in your room?", "We might not be sitting here today."

Dauster/Goodman: With the transfers coming in, who's the one dude?
RP3: "We've got a bunch of great guys... everybody has shown me something. Darius' shot making ability, Key's versatility, JB's athleticism - he's a freak athlete, Malik and Nico are also freak athletes .... Baraka's play making skills. There's a lot of people I can point out."

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Some highlights of the Dauster/Goodman interview (which was much better than the official ESPN+ interview):

TS: "There's such an unknown factor at this time of the year. This is the most optimistic I've been about a team, because I like our length and depth. These guys have accepted the role of playing for a first year coach, and the buy-in has been there with leaders like Ronny Polite, it's been smooth for me. Anytime you have that kind of cohesiveness, you always have a chance, and that's all you can ask for early on in the season."

Tony told a story about needing a haircut before the UConn game during the Elite Eight, and how he almost missed the call from Coach L that he was going to get the start. "What if he found you and you were getting a haircut, instead of in your room?", "We might not be sitting here today."

RP3: "We've got a bunch of great guys... everybody has shown me something. Darius' shot making ability, Key's versatility, JB's athleticism - he's a freak athlete, Malik and Nico are also freak athletes .... Baraka's play making skills. There's a lot of people I can point out."
Latter answer was appropriately tactful. Don't want to make anyone "overlooked", especially at this point when the team is just beginning to show their skills and possible contributions.

smccart5

Starter

Great response from Ronnie, type of response a leader or coach would give. Very nice.

Pre-season college hoops predictions are about as meaningless a thing in sports as their is. If we can just play balls to the wall defense I am confident we will finish top 5