A-10 Tournament in Brooklyn discussion and roll call

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
An email went out about tickets saying they are $199 for all session but general admission. Not sure what that is all about but figured I'd make a thread.

Obviously I'll be there. I know there will be an alumni event before every Mason game (the alumni association is hoping for at least 2 games in Brooklyn).

Who else is planning on going?

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i bought the GA $27 tickets sitting in the end section tix
I will go to Friday Afternoon, Semis and Finals.
and I also have a complete Big East Tournament Ticket package.

Last year I got to the Cap One center early and sat in the first row baseline corner for each game and I hope to do the same in Brooklyn

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Depending on work I plan on going up, probably won't buy the all session tickets though. Anyone have any experience buying GA/single game seats in Brooklyn before? I've only ever gone to conference tourney's in DC/Richmond.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Depending on work I plan on going up, probably won't buy the all session tickets though. Anyone have any experience buying GA/single game seats in Brooklyn before? I've only ever gone to conference tourney's in DC/Richmond.

I need to get clarity but there has to be some advantage to getting all session through mason or any school even if general admission. Otherwise it’ll just be fans mishmoshed together and I’m not sure that’s the best method. Getting all session even if you only go to 3 sessions usually comes out better price wise I’ve found.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My grandmother's parents came over from Italy and settled in NY, and I once asked her if we had any relatives in the Mafia. After she got really offended and vehemently denied any connection to the Mob, my father said, "Come on, Ma, what about Uncle Johnny?"

Without hesitation, she calmly replied, "No, honey, he was an arsonist."

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My grandmother's parents came over from Italy and settled in NY, and I once asked her if we had any relatives in the Mafia. After she got really offended and vehemently denied any connection to the Mob, my father said, "Come on, Ma, what about Uncle Johnny?"

Without hesitation, she calmly replied, "No, honey, he was an arsonist."
Lol!!!!! That’s Gold Jerry, GOLD!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
When the A10 Tournament was in Brooklyn a few years ago I bought single game tickets and the seats were near mid-court, surrounded by Mason fans. I don't remember, but I believe I selected that I was a George Mason fan when I purchased the tickets, which might explain why I was seated by mostly Mason fans.

One thing to note: the A10 is instilling an open seating policy this year. So, not sure how that'll end up working once you get your tickets.

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
When the A10 Tournament was in Brooklyn a few years ago I bought single game tickets and the seats were near mid-court, surrounded by Mason fans. I don't remember, but I believe I selected that I was a George Mason fan when I purchased the tickets, which might explain why I was seated by mostly Mason fans.

One thing to note: the A10 is instilling an open seating policy this year. So, not sure how that'll end up working once you get your tickets.

Yeah the whole thing seems odd. I don’t know why you’d not give donors of the teams areas to have good seats when they pay to support the programs. Plus why would you intermingle all the teams fans. I’m hoping to get some more clarity at some point.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah the whole thing seems odd. I don’t know why you’d not give donors of the teams areas to have good seats when they pay to support the programs. Plus why would you intermingle all the teams fans. I’m hoping to get some more clarity at some point.
I think the A10 is hoping this will encourage more fans to attend and in turn, generate more ticket revenue for the tournament. I think naturally, fans will decide to sit with other fans of their school. Which will develop into school specific sections within the arena, minus the few people who will sit where they want to sit regardless of where the rest of their fans are located.

undertherock

Preferred Walk-On

How much did you pay for said single game tickets?