A-10 Tournament in Brooklyn discussion and roll call

patriotchild

Starter
Been looking into this and chatting with the ticket office.

Per the ticket office regarding the "all session pass":
"For the A-10 tickets, they are doing it a little bit differently this year. The entire arena in general admission, so there is no assigned "Mason section" unless fans make one. As far as I know, at this time there won't be other packages until the event starts."​
I'm guessing the A10 is also making this move so it doesn't look like a half empty stadium on TV and folks will sit lower. It was really bad optics last year when huge swaths of lower level seats were empty, even during the championship game.
I tried to view the ticket package from the link they sent, but it wasn't working for me today. Don't know when that offer expires. Put the question into our ticket office.

It looks like GA tickets are $39 per session. There are seats available anywhere from $25-75 a session. Please note Reserved seating is only available in VIP Courtside and Super Prime areas. Open Seating and Brooklyn Fan Zone allow access to first come, first served seating. Please refer to the seating chart. the ticketmaster site isn't working correctly, so I could be wrong on that and can't really tell where the zones are. It also stipulates that prices may change based on demand...didn't know that ticketmaster could do that?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Been looking into this and chatting with the ticket office.

Per the ticket office regarding the "all session pass":
"For the A-10 tickets, they are doing it a little bit differently this year. The entire arena in general admission, so there is no assigned "Mason section" unless fans make one. As far as I know, at this time there won't be other packages until the event starts."​
I'm guessing the A10 is also making this move so it doesn't look like a half empty stadium on TV and folks will sit lower. It was really bad optics last year when huge swaths of lower level seats were empty, even during the championship game.
I understand the reasoning, and I have no plans to go, so my opinion doesn't matter to them much, but...

When I used to go to the tournament, one of the enjoyable things about it was being around the other Mason die hards that would make the trek. This would seem to me to mess that up.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I understand the reasoning, and I have no plans to go, so my opinion doesn't matter to them much, but...

When I used to go to the tournament, one of the enjoyable things about it was being around the other Mason die hards that would make the trek. This would seem to me to mess that up.

I agree, I really like the open seating concept, but agree that there should be designated sections that are still open seating, but for specific team's fans. I would guess it will naturally happen behind the teams benches.

patriotchild

Starter
I agree, I really like the open seating concept, but agree that there should be designated sections that are still open seating, but for specific team's fans. I would guess it will naturally happen behind the teams benches.

Yeah. I’m curious to see how this plays out. You can also move around from one game to the next, might be advantageous. If it’s open seating you can assume the fans of the early games will take up behind the benches. But if they leave will the fans of the teams In the second game swoop in?

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Weren’t some of the teams behind the hoops last year? Vaguely remember vcu/Rhody being on opposite sides of the Capital One Arena and it looked pretty cool.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Weren’t some of the teams behind the hoops last year? Vaguely remember vcu/Rhody being on opposite sides of the Capital One Arena and it looked pretty cool.
Last year open seating (at the Capital One Center) - $25 - was offered behind the baskets - in addition to the student sections for each game.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Instead of the two Marriott offerings, try www.hiltonfamilymvp.com. There is a Hilton and Hampton Inn in Brooklyn.
This site typically offers a 20% discount off the normal room rate at Hiltons across the country.
You need to be a Hilton Honors member in order to use the site (membership is free. join at www.joinhonors.com). Either sign into your Honors account first, then open a new window and visit hiltonfamilymvp.com or go straight to that site and once you select your hotel and room type, you'll be brought to a "Guest Details" page. Click on "add special requests" and you'll see the place to enter your Honors #.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The PoorManProfit will attend if they play on Sunday, only.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
For those planning to attend multiple games, I would definitely recommend buying the All Session pass from Mason directly. Kaufman let me know that they are offering it at a discount ($199).

Single session open seating tickets are a little pricey, especially if you don't stay for both games. Ranging between $40 - $65 depending on the day. Seats behind either basket are $25 across all sessions/games.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone’s plans change due to our tournament starting a day earlier than originally planned?

I am toying with the idea of going up for the Thursday game if I can get things at work buttoned down.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Anyone’s plans change due to our tournament starting a day earlier than originally planned?

I am toying with the idea of going up for the Thursday game if I can get things at work buttoned down.

Considered it, but no. Here's why - would love to be up there to support the team, but 1) if they lose I would be really pissed that I got a hotel for another night, took another day off work, did some serious reshuffling of scheduled conflicts; and 2) if they win, I'll see them on Friday as originally planned!