299 Days of English

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure I’m on board with bringing back those jerseys but this is the season we get new ones and I’d love for them to come out with something fresh.
I’d be down for a refreshed look at something like that as an alternate uni. Just no more candy canes please.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Hell yes. At least bring back "George Mason"
Unfortunately I'm going to have to disagree with you. Bring back that style jersey with just " Mason" on top of the numbers.

. . . Okay, maybe do something a little different with the piping around the collar/shoulder.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A question for the George haters . . . you are interviewing for a job in another part of the country and are asked, Where did you go to college?

Do you say George Mason or Mason?

As another seasoned alumni - I am a softy for tradition

FreeGunston12

All-American
A question for the George haters . . . you are interviewing for a job in another part of the country and are asked, Where did you go to college?

Do you say George Mason or Mason?
George Mason. Locally, I would just say Mason.

Follow up question, you are watching the team play a game and the announcers know nothing about the school. Which are they more likely to mess up? Because I don't hear them say Madison when referring to us, but I sure have heard a lot about the Colonials from Geoge Madison.

Whichever you prefer, the school has made a big push to be known as just "Mason". And however you feel about that doesn't change the fact that we clearly need to alter the logo (and mascot).

I actually am a huge fan of the star alone (although it needs to be reflected horizontally) as I kind of despise all other patriot iconography (probably all those years spend hating the New England patriots). When you add the text to it (whether just Mason or George Mason), it looks trashy and defeats the purpose of a logo (to not have to include the name).

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Follow up question, you are watching the team play a game and the announcers know nothing about the school. Which are they more likely to mess up? Because I don't hear them say Madison when referring to us, but I sure have heard a lot about the Colonials from Geoge Madison.

Whichever you prefer, the school has made a big push to be known as just "Mason". And however you feel about that doesn't change the fact that we clearly need to alter the logo (and mascot).

I actually am a huge fan of the star alone (although it needs to be reflected horizontally) as I kind of despise all other patriot iconography (probably all those years spend hating the New England patriots). When you add the text to it (whether just Mason or George Mason), it looks trashy and defeats the purpose of a logo (to not have to include the name).

AND HE IS BACK!

GMUBrian, Old Man and I actually talked about you Friday night.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
George Mason name was made in 2006 when we went to FF. The school, shortsightedly tried to brand the school with 'Mason'. George Mason is who we are and it was the name on the Jersey that put us on the map.

If we have one name atop the front it should be 'Patriots'. .but for the traditional uni, it should say George mothafukn Mason!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure I’m on board with bringing back those jerseys but this is the season we get new ones and I’d love for them to come out with something fresh.
Love those jerseys! I think we should have more than just Mason on them. FWIW.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

LOTS of opinions on this. As I said elsewhere, I prefer George Mason on the jerseys, but I don't think either has to be on the logo. I agree, kinda defeats the purpose of the logo. Maybe an angry patriot? I would love for us to use the Quill M somewhere. Or, a GM. Or a GMU.
As far as the mascot, he's not great, but what do you do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
George Mason name was made in 2006 when we went to FF. The school, shortsightedly tried to brand the school with 'Mason'. George Mason is who we are and it was the name on the Jersey that put us on the map.

If we have one name atop the front it should be 'Patriots'. .but for the traditional uni, it should say George mothafukn Mason!
This right here. All the publicity for GEORGE Mason and some idiot marketing type threw it away by trying to rebrand us as Mason.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This right here. All the publicity for GEORGE Mason and some idiot marketing type threw it away by trying to rebrand us as Mason.
Remember "By GEORGE, the dream is alive!"
Yes, idiot. What the heck is "Mason"?

He15man

Starter
I'm a proponent of having George Mason on the uniforms vs. Mason. Go with the full name until the general public outside your region has dubbed/branded you otherwise. I think something like Mason makes more sense when you're an established P5 team or tournament regular, much like the two below that immediately came to mind for me:

KTPSYUSOEZFZHNSNLSK67EUFM4.JPG

zvajtcfhzjy3xqrj3yqi