2024 A10 Tournament Thread - Men

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
While I generally hate all sports things Pittsburgh, I'll root for Duquesne all day long. AND vcu uses Pittsburgh team colors, so it's like they are from there anyway.

Go (Duquesne) Dukes; not to be confused with the Harrisonburg Hillbilly Dukes.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While I generally hate all sports things Pittsburgh, I'll root for Duquesne all day long. AND vcu uses Pittsburgh team colors, so it's like they are from there anyway.

Go (Duquesne) Dukes; not to be confused with the Harrisonburg Hillbilly Dukes.
I already joke with my Jmu friends that folks will wish them luck as they try to root for a second final four.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
100% agree with Tom Crean... at least ask your guys if they want to suit up or make it mandatory from the beginning of the season and set expecations they will accept any invite for playoff basketball. Only makes your team better and more exposure for the program and fans. I get it Pitt and Memphis and others are super pissed for not making it but don't cut these kids short.... those 5am workouts and dedication to the team and school plays a huge factor in their lives and basketball experience - schools should give every channel for an athlete to play as much as possible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY_EEU5kCQ

KAOriginal

All-American
100% agree with Tom Crean... at least ask your guys if they want to suit up or make it mandatory from the beginning of the season and set expecations they will accept any invite for playoff basketball. Only makes your team better and more exposure for the program and fans. I get it Pitt and Memphis and others are super pissed for not making it but don't cut these kids short.... those 5am workouts and dedication to the team and school plays a huge factor in their lives and basketball experience - schools should give every channel for an athlete to play as much as possible.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY_EEU5kCQ

I agree too. Why lose any chance to keep playing? Hell, if it was just my bench and walk ons (cause I bet they wont say NO) that wanted to play...then those who dont want too can stay home.

I did find it interesting that Skinn tweeted back that Crean was out of touch and wrong.

But think about...again...players moving to NIL deals, bargaining agreements, employee status, etc.

You may be done for the year, but your employer/university says "yeah you're gonna play in any game assigned to you."

Much to digest...

Last edited:

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree too. Why lose any chance to keep playing? Hell, if it was just my bench and walk ons (cause I bet they wont say NO) that wanted to play...then those who dont want too can stay home.

I did find it interesting that Skinn tweeted back that Crean was out of touch and wrong.

But think about...again...players moving to NIL deals, bargaining agreements, employee status, etc.

You may be done for the year, but your employer/university says "yeah you're gonna play in any game assigned to you."

Much to digest...

Is that all Coach Skinn said or did he offer any insight on the issue?

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Is that all Coach Skinn said or did he offer any insight on the issue?

This Rant has no base, last time Tom coached, NIL and Transfer Portal did not exist, insert Tom into a locker room in 2024 with NIL and portal era and see if Tom has the same spirit. Great speech for clicks though!

But then responded back to another tweet with:

I would 1000% play in the NIT.