2024 A10 Tournament Thread - Men

KAOriginal

All-American
He cheated by bringing his two best players over from Utah State. Plus Bamisile started playing halfway through the year. Plus, UMass really isn’t that great of a team.
So UMass aside, you're saying a coach did what he needed to do, within the rules to have the best chance of winning and call it cheating?

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With Joes talent, they should have finished top 4. Not surprised Reynolds went off and they beat Richmond. I would be surprised if they had the discipline to go all the way, but they’ve got the guards for it.
The deck has been cleared for SJU to win the A10 and go dancing. Providence looks primed to get in to the tourney.

And we're left staring into the portal.

The horror...the horror!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
All four top seeds GONE. I guess it doesn't always pay to be Top 4. Cripes the A10 is going to be BRUTAL next season.
Dr. G, who is the analyst for most of the early round A10 games (and better than most, imo), has said from the outset that Duquesne was his dark horse choice to win the tournament. Looking good so far.

But things are setting up as well for vcu, I hate to say.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Duquesne hasn’t been since 1977, if St. Joes somehow wins they’ll be stuck with Nilly Lange for awhile, which might be advantageous to us )but I have a bad feeling they’re going to get ripped by vcu).

Dawgs99

Starter
Maybe they aren’t handicapped by having a large portion of their fanbase actively campaigning against their NIL collective…

No kidding, embrace the new college landscape or just move along.....CTS needs everyone to be behind NIL 100%. You don't have to love the new rules but if you love Mason basketball you have to get over it and embrace it for what it is.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe they aren’t handicapped by having a large portion of their fanbase actively campaigning against their NIL collective…
I mean, you’re never going to lose money betting on the Mason fan base being on the wrong side of any given issue.

There wasn’t even unanimous support for the first phase of the basketball practice facility project, which was done for pennies on the dollar compared to what our peer schools have.

Unfortunately we have a very small group of people (yourself included) who are going balls to the wall provide needed resources, a somewhat larger group who are doing what they can and would like to be able to do more, then an enormous group who don’t do anything to help but still complain the loudest about the lack of winning.

Until that changes it’s going to remain an uphill battle.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean, you’re never going to lose money betting on the Mason fan base being on the wrong side of any given issue.

There wasn’t even unanimous support for the first phase of the basketball practice facility project, which was done for pennies on the dollar compared to what our peer schools have.

Unfortunately we have a very small group of people (yourself included) who are going balls to the wall provide needed resources, a somewhat larger group who are doing what they can and would like to be able to do more, then an enormous group who don’t do anything to help don't show up to games anywhere and just bitch on the internet and also don't donate but still complain the loudest about the lack of winning.

Until that changes it’s going to remain an uphill battle.
FTFY

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Dr. G, who is the analyst for most of the early round A10 games (and better than most, imo), has said from the outset that Duquesne was his dark horse choice to win the tournament. Looking good so far.

But things are setting up as well for vcu, I hate to say.
Duquesne having a really nice run....have won 14 of the last 17 of their games. I think the announcer said they hadn't been to the NCAA'S since the '90s. They have a real shot, having beaten vcu in Richmond recently.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Duquesne having a really nice run....have won 14 of the last 17 of their games. I think the announcer said they hadn't been to the NCAA'S since the '90s. They have a real shot, having beaten vcu in Richmond recently.

1977 was their last appearance!

Safe to assume we are all Duquesne fans tomorrow (even though I don’t really like how Dambrot operates, I’ll take him over vcu).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Haven’t made the ncaa since 1977. Anyone but vcu

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The Dukes better get their heads out of their asses, or their 46 year drought is going to be extended. They are taking horrible shots, turning the ball over, committing stupid fouls, and have gone more than six minutes without a basket.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The Dukes better get their heads out of their asses, or their 46 year drought is going to be extended. They are taking horrible shots, turning the ball over, committing stupid fouls, and have gone more than six minutes without a basket.
I think we all know how this is going to end