2023 Recruiting

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I counted 30 games that I watched over the last week... and this was mostly at home. The grind that these coaches go through with their travel schedule bouncing from even to event is truly remarkable. Many are payed very well to do it, but man, you really gotta love hoops to watch that much day in and day out.

Now it's time to get some of these guys on campus. Please make sure you are interacting on social media with Mason/GK/ByGeorge/Recruiting accounts and show these players some love. Not the creepy over the top sending messages every minute type love, but just a simple like of a post that mentions Mason with a recruit... it really does help.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I counted 30 games that I watched over the last week... and this was mostly at home. The grind that these coaches go through with their travel schedule bouncing from even to event is truly remarkable. Many are payed very well to do it, but man, you really gotta love hoops to watch that much day in and day out.

Now it's time to get some of these guys on campus. Please make sure you are interacting on social media with Mason/GK/ByGeorge/Recruiting accounts and show these players some love. Not the creepy over the top sending messages every minute type love, but just a simple like of a post that mentions Mason with a recruit... it really does help.
George Mason was seen by a lot of people this week. Players, Parents, and Programs were liking and retweeting those highlight videos for all of their followers to see. Our coaching staff spent time in LA, Chicago, VA Beach, and Augusta, SC, sitting courtside all week long at 15U, 16U, and 17U games. We are involved with some really good players, some of which will hopefully be making their way to campus soon.

Follow. Engage. Onward to Victory.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m gonna sleep like a baby once I hear the words “George Mason” announced again on Selection Sunday.

Until then, [shrugging emoji]
And in the same sentence as words as " Their first appearance since 2011 will be playing..." not "Who is this years George Mason" or "George Mason did this..." :)

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And in the same sentence as words as " Their first appearance since 2011 will be playing..." not "Who is this years George Mason" or "George Mason did this..." :)
I will pass out drunk when I hear - And your 2023 National Men's Basketball Champions - George Mason.....

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Please make sure you are interacting on social media with Mason/GK/ByGeorge/Recruiting accounts and show these players some love. Not the creepy over the top sending messages every minute type love, but just a simple like of a post that mentions Mason with a recruit... it really does help.

Like, and leave a simple comment!! When a recruit mentions they got an offer, it's almost automatic - Dr.Gunnie, ByGeorge, Liem, GMU Recruiting, and myself pile on with gifs or welcomes! Join in!! Say congrats, etc. Gotta make these guys feel loved!!

Would it help if we make an effort to post a link in the Recruiting threads to these announcements of offers, so that everyone can go to them directly to engage? I know not everyone has time to scan twitter for them.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Like, and leave a simple comment!! When a recruit mentions they got an offer, it's almost automatic - Dr.Gunnie, ByGeorge, Liem, GMU Recruiting, and myself pile on with gifs or welcomes! Join in!! Say congrats, etc. Gotta make these guys feel loved!!

Would it help if we make an effort to post a link in the Recruiting threads to these announcements of offers, so that everyone can go to them directly to engage? I know not everyone has time to scan twitter for them.
A link to the announcements but also details on who it is, what year, etc so that we know what we are clicking.

(sorry, always an infosec guy)

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Offered or "offered" is the question haha
I think this is an Offered situation. He was excellent in Chicago last weekend, and we had both Simpkins and Felton there. Has visits planned to Clemson, Wake Forest, and unfortunately, vcu. Two visits remain to be scheduled, hopefully we can land one of them. We've been on Mike as long as anyone in the 23 class.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think this is an Offered situation. He was excellent in Chicago last weekend, and we had both Simpkins and Felton there. Has visits planned to Clemson, Wake Forest, and unfortunately, vcu. Two visits remain to be scheduled, hopefully we can land one of them. We've been on Mike as long as anyone in the 23 class.
is there a difference between "Offered" and "offered"

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don’t get him, please just not vcu ugh

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We should see some visits get scheduled in the next few weeks. Desmond White will happen. I think there's a good chance that Adrian Myers and Austin Ball visit. Really curious to see if we can get a guy like Jace Posey on campus.

For those guys that are visiting Football schools, pay attention to which football weekend they are visiting on, that can sometimes show you how big of a priority they are.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don’t get him, please just not vcu ugh
Yeah I definitely don't want to see that kid in the A10 if its not in a Mason uniform. Unfortunately vcu is in the running with a lot of top 100 kids.

gmuballer14

Sixth Man
So is it not looking good for Williams now? Who are we looking good on if anyone is able to say. This part of the offseason makes me antsy. Right on the edge of football and recruit visits/announcements