2023 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks more like from shoulder level to me, but yes, lower than most. As long as it goes in, I'll be happy.
He releases it at his forehead instead of above his head, but it’s faaaaaaar from the worst-looking stroke I’ve seen. If he has confidence in it and shoots a good percentage, I doubt the staff will mess with it.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He releases it at his forehead instead of above his head, but it’s faaaaaaar from the worst-looking stroke I’ve seen. If he has confidence in it and shoots a good percentage, I doubt the staff will mess with it.
How many stars? 3?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How many stars? 3?

I’d caution you against getting TOO wrapped up in recruiting ratings. Just as an example some of our highest rated recruits were massive disappointment (eg Copes, Holloway, Bennett, Mar, Foster), never even played for us (Mayimba, Mbaye, Lockett), or just didn’t work out here and transferred (Hernandez, Moldoveanu) while guys people were either skeptical about, downright negative toward, or didn’t even pay attention to turned out to be some of the best players in their class (Miller, Kolek, Oduro, Moore, Hancock, etc.).

Hard to predict right now what some of these players’ ceilings are going to be, or how quickly they’ll be able to contribute. My advice is be excited about everyone who commits and let them prove themselves on the court.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I’d caution you against getting TOO wrapped up in recruiting ratings. Just as an example some of our highest rated recruits were massive disappointment (eg Copes, Holloway, Bennett, Mar, Foster), never even played for us (Mayimba, Mbaye, Lockett), or just didn’t work out here and transferred (Hernandez, Moldoveanu) while guys people were either skeptical about, downright negative toward, or didn’t even pay attention to turned out to be some of the best players in their class (Miller, Kolek, Oduro, Moore, Hancock, etc.).

Hard to predict right now what some of these players’ ceilings are going to be, or how quickly they’ll be able to contribute. My advice is be excited about everyone who commits and let them prove themselves on the court.
Agree, but small correction - Lockett did play in a few games for us in one season. Maybe you were thinking of CJ Jackson who eventually ended up at Ohio St after Hewitt was fired?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

True, we have had some disappointments. It's just interesting to know. Still, I think we should trust KE and the staff to know what they're doing if they go after an overlooked or lower star player...might be a great "filler" piece, or even a star in the making.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Who is running the point? This is still a concern for me. Saquan seems to be the front runner which would be excellent given his size. However, his shooting is a mystery. Dinkins might need a yr. Polite, eh, unless his injury hampered him late in the year he is a mystery.

We can't win in this league without this position being solidified.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
In one of his offseason interviews, KE was adamant that Singleton is a point guard -- and I would assume the starter.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Form needs some work though. Shoots from the belt.

From his belt? How does that even work? Even w/a Granny shot it's coming from at least the chin.

canyon-barry-free-throw.png

and the link you're quoting literally has a pic. of him releasing just above his forehead.

14022800_60aa52dc1199487e9d2496434357c554.jpg

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
From his belt? How does that even work? Even w/a Granny shot it's coming from at least the chin.

canyon-barry-free-throw.png

and the link you're quoting literally has a pic. of him releasing just above his forehead.

14022800_60aa52dc1199487e9d2496434357c554.jpg
I think @FreeGunston12 is talking about where the motion starts from. He starts very low and releases normal. Could be wrong but that is what I take out of his comment. Ronnie has that issue as well

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good grief I will say it and get killed- are we going to get any verbal's anytime soon?