2023 A10 Tournament. Game 32 - #5 GMU vs Winner of #12 Richmond and #13 UMass Game.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pump the brakes on adding another year or bumping CKE’s salary until he actually does something like win a championship or get us into the tourney.

He is paid very well for a second year coach in the A10.
Exactly. If he even got us the championship game and lost even then maybe we could discuss....

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly my .02 is that he should get an extra year because he’s already heading into the last 2 years of his original deal. Time goes quick but having 3 years left versus 2 can only help him in recruiting etc.

But yeah, we also need an AD first unless the interim can somehow do it. That’s doubtful though.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Honestly my .02 is that he should get an extra year because he’s already heading into the last 2 years of his original deal. Time goes quick but having 3 years left versus 2 can only help him in recruiting etc.

But yeah, we also need an AD first unless the interim can somehow do it. That’s doubtful though.
I am probably remembering wrong, but I thought his contact was originally for five years.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Pump the brakes on adding another year or bumping CKE’s salary until he actually does something like win a championship or get us into the tourney.

He is paid very well for a second year coach in the A10.
Kim is one of the lowest-paid coaches in the league. Travis Ford, whose team finished one spot ahead of us in the standings, makes twice as much as our coach. And you think Kim is “paid very well?”

You pay the man on the come up so maybe, just maybe, he stays long enough to build something sustainable in Fairfax.

Or the first time he makes a splash, he leaves for some mediocre P6 job and we start all over again.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I am probably remembering wrong, but I thought his contact was originally for five years.
5 years yes but you don’t lame duck, so you essentially have 2 years to make a decision or you cut before the last year.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’ve lost so much money betting against Mason over the last 6 games, I wouldn’t forgive myself for not having the balls to double down.

Richmond or UMass, doesn’t matter, take the lower seed in an upset.
We beat Richmond twice here and down there. We beat UMASS. The conference is now staring at 0-0 - go at them with closed fists, punch them in the teeth get them on the ground stomp on their throats and take the tourney title.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I like Mason's chances against both programs obviously.

Richmond being a rival scares me more and we also just played them. Our win is fresh in their minds. I have to think Richmond is more likely to win than Umass.

Playing Umass would be fine because they have really struggled on both sides of the ball. I know they have had injuries.

I'll root for a 4 overtime classic between the two programs and that the winner ends up forfeiting because they are too tired to play the next day.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I like Mason's chances against both programs obviously.

Richmond being a rival scares me more and we also just played them. Our win is fresh in their minds. I have to think Richmond is more likely to win than Umass.

Playing Umass would be fine because they have really struggled on both sides of the ball. I know they have had injuries.

I'll root for a 4 overtime classic between the two programs and that the winner ends up forfeiting because they are too tired to play the next day.
I like the opportunity to play Richmond for one key reason - beating them a third time in a row makes a conference statement. We build on that success and start making Richmond the new James Madison for us. The cathartic whipping boy on which we purge our sins and frustrations.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We beat Richmond twice here and down there. We beat UMASS. The conference is now staring at 0-0 - go at them with closed fists, punch them in the teeth get them on the ground stomp on their throats and take the tourney title.
Aren't you being a little soft? Where's your fight??:ROFLMAO:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Aren't you being a little soft? Where's your fight??:ROFLMAO:

As you wish......

iu

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’ve lost so much money betting against Mason over the last 6 games, I wouldn’t forgive myself for not having the balls to double down.

Richmond or UMass, doesn’t matter, take the lower seed in an upset.
Yep, we're due for a clunker. Take the dog on the moneyline.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Will VBJ be available? And if so, how do we expect him to be used considering the current hot streak with him on the bench? We've got to be a better team with him on the floor, right? Still, it's real tough to throw him right into a win or go home situation.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Will VBJ be available? And if so, how do we expect him to be used considering the current hot streak with him on the bench? We've got to be a better team with him on the floor, right? Still, it's real tough to throw him right into a win or go home situation.
Would of been nice to have him play some vs Richmond. Now you hope for a blowout so he can get some run in an inconsequential situation.