2023-24 Basketball Season: Hopes, Dreams, Wishes and Analysis

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
It was talked about on Giant Killers’ podcast interview with Skinn. I think they said October 14? Which would be the day after Madness if true.

One of those guys could clarify if I’m wrong.
I think you are correct. I heard the 14th.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I need clarification. Open practice is the 14th? Time? Is the exhibition against St. Thomas on the 23rd open to public? I have heard yes and no. Inquiring minds need to know. FYI, West Virginia's schedule page says our scrimmage/exhibition on the 27th will be on ESPN+. I have done threads for both, just need to know whether or not to post.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I need clarification. Open practice is the 14th? Time? Is the exhibition against St. Thomas on the 23rd open to public? I have heard yes and no. Inquiring minds need to know. FYI, West Virginia's schedule page says our scrimmage/exhibition on the 27th will be on ESPN+. I have done threads for both, just need to know whether or not to post.
Exhibitions are always open to the public as far as I know, can’t imagine why this would be any different.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Exhibitions are always open to the public as far as I know, can’t imagine why this would be any different.
are they ticketed? or free? or a $5 or $10 mandatory donation?

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticketed, if I had to guess
I was thinking the same thing
wasn't the exhibition game against Div III Johns Hopkins a ticketed game - but at a much lower cost than regular season games?

DRK331

Starter
I agree, they should've posted it by now.

Aside from Mason basketball, I also follow Duke basketball. If this was Duke, they already would've posted it on all of their social media the same day they got the info.

Mason on the other hand? Still quiet.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is one complaint I have about Mason. This type of information should have been communicated by now.

Well, WVU is hosting it and there is no link to purchase tickets to the event on their website (all of their home games have ticket links). So my guess is it’s unticketed and you’ll be hit up for a donation at the door.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
#6 St. Joe's

#5 Duquesne

psyclone

Hall of Famer
#5 Duquesne

A10 Talk season preview rankings now into its top 4.

#4 vcu

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
from the Ticketmaster web site
suggests the upcoming exhibition game will be a non-free and ticketed event
1696624898751.png

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Together if we dig deep enough, we will find the answers to our questions. Instead of you know, like an email or Twitter post from the program.
expect an email sometime before 9 am on Friday, October 13

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cannot even transfer the tickets for that game apparently Mason has not released that tickets yet even though the tickets come up on the APP.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cannot even transfer the tickets for that game apparently Mason has not released that tickets yet even though the tickets come up on the APP.
That’s a Ticketmaster thing most likely, although I agree it sucks.
expect an email sometime before 9 am on Friday, October 13
Together if we dig deep enough, we will find the answers to our questions. Instead of you know, like an email or Twitter post from the program.
yeah not sure why this isn’t out there yet. Someone needs to call and ask the ticket office or send an email to someone, although that’s their job. We shouldn’t need to ask.