2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who cares where he’s filling, he’s filling a roster spot that was once occupied by someone who couldn’t do anything at a D1 level. Him making one 3 ever is better than most we have lost and he doesn’t look completely lost like every single one of DPs last freshman class. Welcome

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Don’t be surprised if he plays some PG
Honestly, I hope that it would only be an emergency situation. Considering we’ll have most likely 3 pgs plus cooper and even Gaines to a degree, there shouldn’t be a need but you never know.
I am curious how much pg he has played though at Oregon and UT.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly, I hope that it would only be an emergency situation. Considering we’ll have most likely 3 pgs plus cooper and even Gaines to a degree, there shouldn’t be a need but you never know.
I am curious how much pg he has played though at Oregon and UT.
He would be more of a scoring PG but I wouldn’t mind that. Good length for the position and as was pointed out, averaged double figures as a junior. Just got caught up in a numbers game with a loaded backcourt this season.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kenpom indicates Bailey as a SG in all past seasons and wasn't particularly a high assist rate guy. I noticed his first 3 years, he was between 83-91% on his FTs

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He could easily start at the other wing alongside Cooper. Fernandez backs up both of them. Or English at the least could be setting up some major competition at those two spots with three players vying for the 80 mpg at those two spots.

Sounds like we will find out hopefully tomorrow what this tweet is about? Would be nice to get a new commitment to talk about around here.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kenpom indicates Bailey as a SG in all past seasons and wasn't particularly a high assist rate guy. I noticed his first 3 years, he was between 83-91% on his FTs
Yes I wouldn’t expect him to be a primary PG but he has the flexibility to play there in stretches. His arrival doesn’t mean the staff isn’t still pursuing a PG

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This move takes a lot of pressure off of Justyn Fernandez, among several other positives.
Very underrated benefit of this move. Pretty much everyone has assumed JF will just be handed a starting spot, but that might not be the best thing for him or the program. Adding another veteran guard who is physically a grown man and has played in two major conferences will allow the young guys to develop without being forced into starter minutes before they are ready.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We might not have won a game without Ticket. He was the only guy on the team playing defense last year. His offense disappeared after Richmond but there are two sides to basketball and he was VERY good the entire season on one side
Also considering how unimpressed people were by Ticket’s numbers at Tennessee, averaging 10 ppg and 8 rpg was pretty freaking incredible. Would imagine he’ll be even better next season … and adding a stout backcourt defender in Bailey should help tremendously.

masonjoe

Starter
We might not have won a game without Ticket. He was the only guy on the team playing defense last year. His offense disappeared after Richmond but there are two sides to basketball and he was VERY good the entire season on one side

Cool, they finished 9th and here's another one year guy that isn't helping build towards anything next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.