2022 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Refreshing to at least thinking we have a chance with decent recruits again... @gmujim92 feel free to fall in love with each offer again because most of them will actually be good offers lol

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Love that English isn't even a full day on the job and he already has an offer out to a point guard. Dinkins is only listed at 5'8. Should that be a concern? I suspect he is very quick with his shot and abilities since he has some good offers already.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Love that English isn't even a full day on the job and he already has an offer out to a point guard. Dinkins is only listed at 5'8. Should that be a concern? I suspect he is very quick with his shot and abilities since he has some good offers already.
Listed at 5’10 on Rivals and 247

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
None of our guards are reliable on defense. He could be 4 foot tall, but if he can score and dribble he’s automatically an upgrade

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well that settles it.. He’s 5’9.
5’6 on his tippy toes. Based on the offers though not as worried. If coaches think he can score in the ACC he’ll be just fine in the A10. Snag a transfer PG this year to bridge the gap too.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
5’6 on his tippy toes. Based on the offers though not as worried. If coaches think he can score in the ACC he’ll be just fine in the A10. Snag a transfer PG this year to bridge the gap too.

Agreed. Although I think you have to take a look at what Polite/XJ/Hartwell can give you for a year or two. I would probably try to recruit the transfer like you said and have Polite around. I'm not sure if XJ or Hartwell will stick around but I definitely think English needs his own guy in the PG spot as early as possible. The more the merrier but I definitely think a transfer PG or combo guard would be good.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed. Although I think you have to take a look at what Polite/XJ/Hartwell can give you for a year or two. I would probably try to recruit the transfer like you said and have Polite around. I'm not sure if XJ or Hartwell will stick around but I definitely think English needs his own guy in the PG spot as early as possible. The more the merrier but I definitely think a transfer PG or combo guard would be good.

As of right now we also have Gray coming in too, don’t forget.

Whether Kolek stays or goes, we definitely could use a transfer guard, preferably one who can shoot and dribble; and definitely a transfer big (probably 2 if Oduro leaves).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
As of right now we also have Gray coming in too, don’t forget.

Whether Kolek stays or goes, we definitely could use a transfer guard, preferably one who can shoot and dribble; and definitely a transfer big (probably 2 if Oduro leaves).

Agreed, I forgot about Gray so there is definitely a lot at that point guard spot. I just suspect that English will want his own guy. Whether he gets a transfer for this year or waits a year, I guess we'll see. Good to have options though. We'll have to see if Gray honors his commitment with the coaching change. Paulsen had a lot of offers for 2022 PGs so we'll see if English wants to keep any of those active.

Definitely agree about the big as well. Hopefully a transfer big can come in with at least 2 years of eligibility. 3 would be ideal.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The reality is KE may not want any of the 4 PGs either currently on the roster or incoming ... whether they want to be here really isn’t the issue, scholarships are renewable at the discretion of the coach

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The reality is KE may not want any of the 4 PGs either currently on the roster or incoming ... whether they want to be here really isn’t the issue, scholarships are renewable at the discretion of the coach

Well, if you get recruited over several times and sitting as the 12th/13th man on the bench you've got a choice to make, right?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps ... but all bets are off with a coaching change. I wouldn’t doubt KE looked at our PG situation and concluded he can significantly upgrade it by the end of April.
Completely agree. There are holes all over this roster, I trust that he will find some talent. If he can land a stud PG or a stud big (or convince AJ to run a 6th year and work on that shot selection) then this off-season will be a wild success.

Herndon

All-Conference

Yep. Chris Lykes would have done just fine at Mason. So would Shawnta Roger's kid. I'd take the McDaniel kid at PVI in a heartbeat. With the freedom of movement rules, size is less of the be-all and end-all that it used to be, particularly at the point.

Obviously, all things being equal, you'd like size, but all things aren't equal.