2022 Recruiting

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are we always in contact with this many recruits at this point in the year? Admittedly this year is the closest I've paid attention to our recruiting ever. but it seems like we have either offered or reached out to a lot more people that I'm used to seeing. Every time I get on Twitter I see another guy we've offered or called. Is this pretty par for the course for this point in the recruiting cycle or are we a lot more active than most years? I think it's a good thing to be talking to this many players, but I honestly don't know / have any frame of reference.

I think an open contact period just started so that’s probably why.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I’m just hoping that the pandemic has a positive effect on our recruiting, whether it’s from recruiting kids early and them not blowing up since there’s no AAU summer league or some of the higher end DMV talent wanting to stay closer to home.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This might also be because there is no traditional scouting going on and coaches have to reach out to HS/AAU coaches to get tapes and talk to them about prospects?

This is right. Normally these contacts would be happening behind the scenes at AAU tournaments, now it’s all over social media.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems like recruiting has taken off with Mojo addition. And quickly. Makes you wonder how weak DP really is at it. Even Pete Hutchens gave us a small uptick. Now with Mojo it seems it's even bigger. Recruiting isnt something DP likes to do it seems.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Seems like recruiting has taken off with Mojo addition. And quickly. Makes you wonder how weak DP really is at it. Even Pete Hutchens gave us a small uptick. Now with Mojo it seems it's even bigger. Recruiting isnt something DP likes to do it seems.
I would hardly call DP charismatic. Boring? Yes. Good for Maurice Joseph.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
we can shit on DP all we want... But we are this kids first offer. Yes his Canadian newspaper has many awesome things to say about him. But we are still his first offer. Kid could end up being complete trash with 0 other offers for all we know. Anyone know anything about this kid? I can't find anything

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Have we signed anybody since he’s joined? Seems like a weird statement when all we are talking about are offers.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Have we signed anybody since he’s joined? Seems like a weird statement when all we are talking about are offers.

Just saying we are recruiting higher level with Mojo onboard.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Haven’t really looked for film yet of this kid other than his instagram highlight vid, but I do love his frame. For a kid going into his junior year, his shoulders/neck look like someone who can add more weight. Would love to land some guys that look more like men and less like boys.