2022 Recruiting

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Moved to the 2022 recruiting thread :)

I get what you are saying. That said I think thats the type of quality prospect we do need to start considering to really upgrade certain positions. I would gladly take Appleby or Newton, but from a pure stat perspective (and I haven't watched footage), I'd want the guy with better stats. I'm going to have to find time to watch footage to see who I like better.

Not saying either is going to happen, purely spitballing. I would hope that the idea is to try and go for a grand slam upgrade at PG especially with what we have returning. Of course this is also dependent on if Polite decides to come back and XJ.
The decision on whether to come back likely won’t be up to them. It’s a tough part of the business, but Kim gave the guys a year to show what they could do and what we got out of it was a losing record. Now it’s time to move on.

A transfer PG with 2 years of eligibility remaining is the ideal so Dinkins can get stronger and learn how to run a college team without having to step into a starting role before he’s ready.

There’s an argument to be made that we should keep 3 PGs on the roster in case of injury, but I don’t see X or Polite being satisfied with garbage minutes.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I disagree that Appleby would only be a slight upgrade over Johnson. Additionally, he has a connection to the staff in Felton, and KE saw him play 3 times last season.

This is less about who I want, and more about what I view as a likely scenario.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
There was no discussion of KE's status. Missouri was not mentioned. The whole discussion was based on the assumption he is staying at Mason but I suppose we won't know for sure for awhile.

Masonfan3

Starter
There was no discussion of KE's status. Missouri was not mentioned. The whole discussion was based on the assumption he is staying at Mason but I suppose we won't know for sure for awhile.
That's crazy. Seems pretty simple to ask "are you coming back" or "have you heard from Missouri" Not saying that CKE would give an honest answer but why not ask the question...

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That's crazy. Seems pretty simple to ask "are you coming back" or "have you heard from Missouri" Not saying that CKE would give an honest answer but why not ask the question...
The radio guys probably aren’t following the situation closely enough to connect the dots … I’d be surprised if they even knew Missouri had fired Martin lol

Junkees9

Sixth Man
How do we get to 4 open spots currently? Gone will be Schwartz, Hartwell, Gadsen, and Frazier and arriving so far are Dinkins and Fernandez. What did I miss to get to 2 more open spots as of today?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fernandez is already on scholarship, he took Kabimba’s spot at the semester break. So that’s 5 players leaving and only Dinkins coming in = 4 open spots

Seems right. These are the scholarship players so far: Polite, Dinkins, Gray, Cooper, Fernandez, Gaines, Jones, Oduro, Henry

That’s 9. So 4 more spots.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems right. These are the scholarship players so far: Polite, Dinkins, Gray, Cooper, Fernandez, Gaines, Jones, Oduro, Henry

That’s 9. So 4 more spots.
And expect at least one of Polite/Gray to end up in the portal as well — I would be shocked if this staff decided to keep 4 PGs again, just a terrible allocation of resources.