2022 Coaching Carousel

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is a huge loss for Davidson and the A10. I loved watching his teams play over the years. He wasn't just one of the best coaches in our league but in the country.

Hall of Famer, His son has been groomed to take over the program for awhile.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In perhaps the weirdest move I’ve ever seen, Manhattan’s AD fires coach Steve Masiello two weeks before the season promptin MAAC preseason player of the year Jose Perez to enter the transfer portal immediately with the prediction that “everyone” on the team might follow.

Unless this is “for cause” (which from their statement it sounds like it wasn’t) is this the worst coaching decision you’ve seen or the second worst or both?

Manhattan was picked second in the MAAC preseason poll.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In perhaps the weirdest move I’ve ever seen, Manhattan’s AD fires coach Steve Masiello two weeks before the season promptin MAAC preseason player of the year Jose Perez to enter the transfer portal immediately with the prediction that “everyone” on the team might follow.

Unless this is “for cause” (which from their statement it sounds like it wasn’t) is this the worst coaching decision you’ve seen or the second worst or both?

Manhattan was picked second in the MAAC preseason poll.
How does it sound like it isn’t for cause? Everything about this seems like it has to be for cause

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
How does it sound like it isn’t for cause? Everything about this seems like it has to be for cause
Yeah it had to be for cause -- either gross ethics violation or he had relations with a student, coach, or cheerleader or team mom or something. Any insight Jollay?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The timing sounds it it has to be for cause. Their statement was about the upcoming recruiting cycle and building a winning culture.
we still believe statements like that 2 weeks before the season starts? I would love to sell you some oceanfront property in South Dakota.

This is the same guy that worked for Louisville under Pitino and lied to USF about graduating from Kentucky. The AD not liking him is the only thing pointing to this not being for cause... hopefully more comes out. AD needs to be fired immediately now that Perez entered transfer portal if this isn't for cause

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Something smells bad here to say the least. Their AD can’t be that big of a moron.

Or maybe she is.