OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/CoachesDatabase/status/1526325389051711488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1526325389051711488%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoyatalk2.proboards.com%2Fthread%2F32987%2F2022-2023-big-east-discussion%3Fpage%3D8

For anyone interested, here are the schools with the most alums currently serving as D-I head men's basketball coaches: 1) Duke - 9 T-2) Indiana - 5 T-2) Kentucky - 5 T-2) Princeton - 5 T-5) North Carolina - 4 T-5) Seton Hall - 4

6:15 PM · May 16, 2022·Twitter Web App

Retweets

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

Replying to
@CoachesDatabase
Duke grads: Tommy Amaker (Harvard), Kenny Blakeney (Howard), Jeff Capel III (Pitt), Chris Collins (Northwestern), Johnny Dawkins (UCF), Bobby Hurley (Ariz St), Nate James (Austin Peay), Greg Paulus (Niagara) and Jon Scheyer (Duke)

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

Indiana grads: Steve Alford (Nevada), Michael Lewis (Ball State), Dusty May (FAU), Joe Pasternack (UCSB) and Mike Woodson (Indiana)

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

Kentucky grads: Travis Ford (Saint Louis), Steve Masiello (Manhattan), John Pelphrey (Tenn Tech), Mark Pope (BYU), Sean Woods (Southern)

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

Princeton grads: Mike Brennan (American), Brian Earl (Cornell), Mitch Henderson (Princeton), Chris Mooney (Richmond) and Joe Scott (Air Force)

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

North Carolina grads: Hubert Davis (UNC), King Rice (Monmouth), Jerry Stackhouse (Vanderbilt), Wes Miller (Cincinnati)

Coaches Database

@CoachesDatabase
·
4h

Seton Hall grads: Donald Copeland (Wagner), Shaheen Holloway (Seton Hall), Dan Hurley (UConn) and Levell Sanders (Binghamton)

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Why do I not remember Kam Murrell? Did he not get a lot of minutes?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He came in the same year as Otis and left after 2 years. Here's a summary:

Now I remember. DP had lost all of the Virus' recruits, so he built a team to contend for a DIII conference championship. Got lucky with Otis, but not much else.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"An experienced student-athlete at George Mason and for Anderson at STAC, Murrell returned to his alma mater as an assistant coach for the 2021-22 season after spending time in the Birthplace of Rock and Roll as a graduate assistant for Memphis (Division I – The American). At Memphis, Murrell utilized software programs including Sports Code, Fast Scout, Fast Draw, Synergy, and Second Spectrum to scout opponents, code game film and create player personnel videos. Additionally, he collaborated with the Tigers’ analytics team to create statistical pre-game and post-game reports for coaching staff while also maintaining and monitoring the daily recruiting database for the program.

'It feels great to be a Knight,' said Murrell. “It’s a blessing to be a part of this incredible program and coaching staff. I am truly excited to be part of the FDU family and ready to get started!'

'Kam brings a players perspective to our staff as he played in our system and has a great feel for how we play and what we are trying to do,' commented Anderson. 'Kam has a competitive fire and brings incredible passion to our program and he will live in the gym to help our players improve on a daily basis.'"

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023