Pablo

Hall of Famer
Apparently McCall has agreed to coach out the rest of the season

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Will be interesting to see how the players finish out playing for their fired coach.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Chattanooga fans were glad to lose McCall. They got an upgrade when he left. The Mocs are the best team in the SoCon this year.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We can joke about it but no chance of Paulsen going to Umass. No chance of Hewitt going either.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Vermont has been a really good team for quite awhile in the America East Conference... some interesting names being bandied about though to replace McCall

"Potential names expected to be involved in UMass' coaching search include Vermont's John Becker, Missouri State's Dana Ford, Wagner's Bashir Mason, Yale's James Jones, Bryant's Jared Grasso and former Indiana coach Archie Miller."

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Someone suggested Matt Brady on twitter to umass.

Yes please.

And while making shit up, why not Blaine Taylor or Bruiser Flint.

Although to be fair, Bruiser had success at Umass in the late 90s and Blaine is actually an assistant at UC Irvine for former future Mason HC of 2015 Russell Turner

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Vermont has been a really good team for quite awhile in the America East Conference... some interesting names being bandied about though to replace McCall

"Potential names expected to be involved in UMass' coaching search include Vermont's John Becker, Missouri State's Dana Ford, Wagner's Bashir Mason, Yale's James Jones, Bryant's Jared Grasso and former Indiana coach Archie Miller."

Bashir Mason, Grasso or Shaheen Holloway would be my picks. I think Becker is a Vermont lifer and I’m not sure his old school nature is good for a program like that

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bashir Mason, Grasso or Shaheen Holloway would be my picks. I think Becker is a Vermont lifer and I’m not sure his old school nature is good for a program like that
Holloway gives other teams in the MAAC fits. They have a good record and my understanding is they are super physical tough and just overall pain in the a**.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Holloway gives other teams in the MAAC fits. They have a good record and my understanding is they are super physical tough and just overall pain in the a**.
Selfishly hope they don’t hire Holloway, he would recruit his a** off at UMass and make them relevant very quickly. Excellent coach — I liked him for the Mason job until a guy named Kim English popped up on our radar.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Selfishly hope they don’t hire Holloway, he would recruit his a** off at UMass and make them relevant very quickly. Excellent coach — I liked him for the Mason job until a guy named Kim English popped up on our radar.
Thats why we need to go to the umasshoops forum and talk about quality coaches like Matt Brady, Pat Kennedy and Tom Crean :p

Last edited:

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Thats why we need to like to the umasshoops forum and talk about quality coaches like Matt Brady, Pat Kennedy and Tom Crean :p

Honestly I think Crean woud do well at the A10 or lower away from the pressures of a big 6 school.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly I think Crean woud do well at the A10 or lower away from the pressures of a big 6 school.
The thing is the last two Power 5 stops hes had hes severely under .500 in conference so its not even like his teams are competitive. Add to the fact that while the A10 or a lower league might be better for him, his record doesn't indicate even medicority that could translate. I don't think anyone would want him at this point.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The thing is the last two Power 5 stops hes had hes severely under .500 in conference so its not even like his teams are competitive. Add to the fact that while the A10 or a lower league might be better for him, his record doesn't indicate even medicority that could translate. I don't think anyone would want him at this point.

I mean you are probably right...he'll be doing analysis with Seth Greenberg soon