2022 A10 Transfer List

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Also kudos to Princeton for having landed a 4-star PG recruit who was one of the top-5 players in Canada in his recruiting class. I more than anyone need to remember that if God forbid we ever have another coach who sucks at recruiting … if you can get that caliber of talent in the Ivy League, you can certainly do it here.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Feel the same, but seeing Mason’s pursuit of Llewellyn puts into perspective how truly meh we are at the PG spot.

Marquise and Otis were obviously very good players — among the best at their position at Mason — but we haven’t had a true 3-level scorer at PG since Bryon Allen graduated. Before him was Cam Long.

If we can get back to having that kind of threat at the PG spot it will open up the offense and make things easier for everyone else, particularly Josh.
Don't want to derail this conversation but you're nuts if you don't think Otis was a true three level scorer. Okay maybe I do want to derail the conversation. Fight me!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Also kudos to Princeton for having landed a 4-star PG recruit who was one of the top-5 players in Canada in his recruiting class. I more than anyone need to remember that if God forbid we ever have another coach who sucks at recruiting … if you can get that caliber of talent in the Ivy League, you can certainly do it here.

I'm proud of my Mason degree and all, but there's a def. advantage to be able to offer one from a school like Princeton, Duke, or Vanderbilt.

Built in disadvantages too, like the ability to get through admissions, but a definite selling point to an elite players who won't play in the NBA to say you have an opportunity to get a degree from one of those institutions.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't want to derail this conversation but you're nuts if you don't think Otis was a true three level scorer. Okay maybe I do want to derail the conversation. Fight me!
Otis made his share of acrobatic shots around the rim, not arguing that.

But he obviously wasn’t physically equipped to jam it on Larry Sanders’ head like Cam did, or even finish through contact as reliably as Marquise did.

And Marquise obviously was not a reliable perimeter shooter, although he improved as a senior.

That was my only point, not hating on either of those guys.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
These 3 La Salle kids are similar scenarios to our guys in the portal as well. Ray and Gill not real contributors this year for their squad and got buried behind 4-5 other players with not enough minutes to go around. Will probably transfer down leagues to see more playing time.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wonder if XJ might join his brother and dad at UCF
Darius had a good year other than the fact he can't shoot. two of their top 3 guards are graduating though so they definitely need another guard, just don't think they need two in the starting lineup that can't shoot

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Gadsen, Hartwell, Johnson, and Frazier all in the portal now. That was quick.

Only potential holdovers from the Paulsen era by year 2 will be Oduro, Polite, Henry and Gray.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Funk needs to go to a P5 team where he isn't going to be a focal point for the defense (as was the case when he put up a great percentage from 3 as a freshman). If he can find the right situation, and can shoot 40%+, as he did in his first year, he might just punch his way to the NBA. That is a BIG "if" of course, but a possibility nonetheless.

While a lot of great three point shooters have come out of Michigan (e.g., Duncan Robinson, Nik Stauskas, etc.), and the guy who recruited Funk - Martelli - is on staff there, I have it from a pretty good source he will not be a Wolverine next year.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Typically they won't hit portal til after potential coaching change happens.