2022-23 Out of Conference Schedule

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Who's keeping who out of trouble on this trip?
Which ever one of us is sober. Although even sober - GMUBrian can get a little out of hand. He is second only to Jollay in his ability to "find controversy". But he is clutch in a knife fight. I have seen Brian do some serious damage with a blade.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Which ever one of us is sober. Although even sober - GMUBrian can get a little out of hand. He is second only to Jollay in his ability to "find controversy". But he is clutch in a knife fight. I have seen Brian do some serious damage with a blade.
First one to imbed a blade in to his luxurious Crocs. Surprised he has not patented the design yet and has used this money to buy us a Final Four team yet. Boo this man!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GMU Brian is rocking these now

1658857710246.png

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu announces their full OOC. I know we have been complaining about our home schedule. Outside of pulling in Vanderbilt I don’t see theirs as any different than ours:

Morgan State, Radford, Navy, Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, Northern Illinois.
Agreed their home schedule is not great. But they play Memphis, temple, Michigan Arizona st and Pittsburgh.

One could argue Toledo is the best home game out of both schedules.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed their home schedule is not great. But they play Memphis, temple, Michigan Arizona st and Pittsburgh.

One could argue Toledo is the best home game out of both schedules.
Hence my original point about how hard it is to get P5s to come play at your place. Most of them will only play a true road game if it’s against another big name.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hence my original point about how hard it is to get P5s to come play at your place. Most of them will only play a true road game if it’s against another big name.
I definitely wasn’t arguing that. A bunch of much better teams that “should” come to Mason than Toledo though. vcu might be taking it easy because of how grueling their tourneys are. That is the main difference. Our tourneys and road games are much lower SOS than vcu's as well

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think vcu needs the easier OOC. They lost some key players. They're losing 64% of their points and 60% of their total minutes from last year. Even though they have the talent to be great, they probably have to use the beginning of the season to build chemistry. They'll probably be good come conference time and a bunch of L's at the beginning of the season would only hurt them.

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
vcu announces their full OOC. I know we have been complaining about our home schedule. Outside of pulling in Vanderbilt I don’t see theirs as any different than ours:

Morgan State, Radford, Navy, Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, Northern Illinois.
I think they have two more games not yet announced.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think vcu needs the easier OOC. They lost some key players. They're losing 64% of their points and 60% of their total minutes from last year. Even though they have the talent to be great, they probably have to use the beginning of the season to build chemistry. They'll probably be good come conference time and a bunch of L's at the beginning of the season would only hurt them.
Their SOS is much better than ours…

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Their SOS is much better than ours…

Auburn is a better game than Memphis and either Houston or Cincy are better than Temple, and I’m sure we will have one more P5 lined up on the road before it’s done. So not sure vcu’ road SOS will be better than ours.

You are right about their holiday tournament though…vastly better than ours in terms of opportunity of opponents and I’m sure the tourney payout.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Auburn is a better game than Memphis and either Houston or Cincy are better than Temple, and I’m sure we will have one more P5 lined up on the road before it’s done. So not sure vcu’ road SOS will be better than ours.

You are right about their holiday tournament though…vastly better than ours in perms of opportunity of opponents and I’m sure the tourney payout.
They should get a much better tournament than we do … no shade on our loyal fans who do travel well, but vcu always brings a big group wherever they go. We have a long way to go in that regard.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

You are right about their holiday tournament though…vastly better than ours in terms of opportunity of opponents and I’m sure the tourney payout.
We are playing Houston?!?