2022-23 Out of Conference Schedule

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
FYI. For the benefit of any vcu fans trolling our boards. I know vocabulary is not required or even encouraged in Richmond. I know you are just used to the multicolor Crayola Crayon box with red, green, etc. Here's a little help.

Homage: noun

1. special honor or respect shown publicly.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I forgot, I need to break things down even more for our French fry making friends down south.

noun

1. a word (other than a pronoun) used to identify any of a class of people, places, or things ( common noun ), or to name a particular one of these ( proper noun ).

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Re: vcu, interesting graphic from Reddit. I know our acceptance rate isn't that much better, but at least it's not 93%!!

Mason's numbers:
  • 2016-2017: 81.0%
  • 2017-2018: 81.3%
  • 2018-2019: 81.1%
  • 2019-2020: 86.7%
  • Projected Mason Acceptance Rate 2022-2023: 77.5%
source: https://www.acceptancerate.com/schools/george-mason-university

ConferencesByAcceptanceRate.jpg

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Pretty sure it’s come down closer to like 60 percent if not lower

Mason looked like it pulled some good numbres this year but I'm sure GPAs and SATs are so hopelessly inflated now its ridic.

Kinda surprised at Marquette's acceptance rate I thought I was kind of money to get in there I guess not

vcu is just horrible we all know that

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Mason looked like it pulled some good numbres this year but I'm sure GPAs and SATs are so hopelessly inflated now its ridic.

Kinda surprised at Marquette's acceptance rate I thought I was kind of money to get in there I guess not

vcu is just horrible we all know that

Wisconsin in general is a trash state that exports trash people. It's the Florida of the Midwest.

UW once tried to recruit Larranaga (all glories and honor to his name) and he cursed them for their insolence.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I figured those numbers would be lower for University of Portland. I've always thought Catholic schools had lower acceptance numbers. It's an attractive campus but the area by the school is pretty residential.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That would be good!

I especially like the Fun Fact at the end of that table! Freakin' Liberty.
Yep. I used to live in Altavista, about 15 miles from Lynchburg. They take any and everybody.
When someone tells me they "got into" Liberty, I want to laugh. Those folks are all about bragging that they are the largest Christian University in America. Well I guess so!

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I figured those numbers would be lower for University of Portland. I've always thought Catholic schools had lower acceptance numbers. It's a pretty campus but the area by the school is pretty residential.

More surprising because they are a really small school (3,500). It means not a ton of applicants if you think they admit about 1,000 freshmen a year.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Maybe cost has something to do with it--not a cheap school by any means.

$37,317 / year
National
$15,523
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$27,162 / year
National
$7,535
Students Receiving Financial Aid
99%

PSU is at 95% acceptance rate so probably closer to vcu than GMU.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Tulane was picked 4th in the AAC behind Houston, Memphis and Cincinnati. Soph G Jalen Cook was chosen to the preseason first team. Should be a great test for our guys but one we can win.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That can't be right. @sleeperpick insists that they are terrible. :ROFLMAO:
Umass was picked before us... UMASS will be terrible this year. I was told Tulane is a tournament team by our resident insider. I will bet any type of money that is not the case. you like the rest like to antagonize but like the rest aren't ever confident to put $$$ up and lose.