2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wouldn’t sleep on vcu. And URI has a lot of talent still on their roster and now have an actual coach.

No idea what Richmond, UMass, Bonaventure, and Davidson will be like next season, but I wouldn’t count out “son of Silver Fox” or Schmidt who somehow always has a tough team regardless.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is George Mason Basketball. We have standards here. If it's not NCAA, it's a failed season.
Standards? I was there in 1975. Our standard then was to beat Herndon High School.
Since our high water mark of '06, our standards have been diminished considerably. I would love to make it to the NCAA, and I agree KE wasn't brought in to get us to the NIT. But it is only year two, and we haven't been anywhere that you didn't have to pay to play in 14 years.
Disappointment in the NIT? Sure. But I'll take it in hopes that it's part of the climb back to national prominence. By George, the Dream is Alive!!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
ODU drew the same as the home opener against Stony Brook and only 500 more fans than Penn last season.
I'm seeing different numbers then you are.

Stony Brook (4558) was on a Tuesday night, but also was the season opener w/a new coach bringing a lot of buzz and the first chance to see the new roster.

Morgan State (2915) was on a Saturday

Penn (4053) was on a Friday night, Nov. 19th.

ODU (3529) was on a Saturday night.

Navy (2845) was a Tuesday night.

American (3047) was a Tuesday night.

I'd venture that Morgan State is the closest comparison to ODU in terms of attendance and ODU outdrew them by 614 fans (21% increase).

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
With the changing players in college basketball, it is hard to analyze and predict how teams will do. How can a coach know what he has until midway through a season? And we fans are going to be even more clueless. We barely know our team, much less the other teams with all their changes.

Having said that, I predict a sixth place A-10 regular season finish. I think we will win a lot of OOC games and not be embarrassed in Auburn.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
With the changing players in college basketball, it is hard to analyze and predict how teams will do. How can a coach know what he has until midway through a season? And we fans are going to be even more clueless. We barely know our team, much less the other teams with all their changes.

Having said that, I predict a sixth place A-10 regular season finish. I think we will win a lot of OCC games and not be embarrassed in Auburn.
And therein lies my statement about being quasi-satisfied with the NIT. KE and the team haven't proven anything yet. Hopefully, they will!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I want/predict better attendance at EBA this year. This year we have the addition of local talent in Fernandez Dinkins, and P-Oduro. Perhaps they bring their local fan bases with them.

patriotchild

Starter
I have no expectations because we have a coach in his 2nd full year coming off what arguably turned out in hindsight to be an underachieving year, the transfer portal, and coaching changes in the A10. This team could be a stinker or amazing, I have no idea. The last 11 years haven’t done much for me expecting anything either.

Wants/desires ( what some may call “expectations”) that don’t change much year to year, but have been unrealistic for our program:

1. NCCA appearance or better
2. NIT appearance or better
3. A10 semifinal or better
4.Top 4 in A10
5. Beat vcu
6. No losses to really bad teams
7. Undefeated at home

Hit any of the top 4 I’m pretty happy

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We underachieved for different reasons under KE last year. The reasons, in part, are no longer on the bench. And if there is just one thing to be proud of, it's the fact kids love KE. When he starts winning, more players will respect the program and want to come here. Last year, we just didn't have enough horses. That's different from having no horses.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have no expectations because we have a coach in his 2nd full year coming off what arguably turned out in hindsight to be an underachieving year, the transfer portal, and coaching changes in the A10. This team could be a stinker or amazing, I have no idea. The last 11 years haven’t done much for me expecting anything either.

Wants/desires ( what some may call “expectations”) that don’t change much year to year, but have been unrealistic for our program:

1. NCCA appearance or better
2. NIT appearance or better
3. A10 semifinal or better
4.Top 4 in A10
5. Beat vcu
6. No losses to really bad teams
7. Undefeated at home

Hit any of the top 4 I’m pretty happy
Yep - no Mason team has played consistently well throughout a season since Larranaga. I've gotten excited about a season since then - even been fooled into having optimistic thoughts after that one Hewitt led team began 4-0. Couldn't help but feel positive about last year's season after a dominating start and the Maryland win. Recruiting/roster looks great, but until that turns into consistent winning, no expectations seems about right.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hopes

695728.jpg

Dreams

iu

Wishes

Veronika-Khomyn-.png

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
minimum 10 win OOC, win over 80% of home games this year (worst recent Homegame schedule in history for conference play), PG being able to dribble and hit the rim more than side of the backboard, tenacious defense since we now have more depth this year and can go deeper.

I would like to make a postseason tournament (NIT or NCAA) for Oduro, Cooper, Bailey and probably Ticket's final season with Mason. Some bad teams in A10 this year and some teams that have a ton of new pieces that may not be great either. We better finish top 5