jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I got there 30 mins late
dealing contractors for a new roof

just my opinion
1) event started at 7 pm
i thought it would have been a great idea to open up at 6 pm and have the athletes selling NIL merchandise from 6 pm to 6:45 pm

2) there were no game ticket sales as the box office was closed.
The women open the season against Top 20 Maryland at home
and that should have been pushed for both student attendance and ticket sales

3) i was late - the guy sitting next to me told me that the band had played some songs and as i entered the seating bowl one of the Black Fraternities was ending their step show

all of the giveaways were gone by the time i got there -looks like they had the foam light saber looking things

4) Another student group - mainly female - Urban Dance Team ?? - did a dance routine

5) There was no Simone Says Game this year - i was disappointed

6) Women's team was introduced

Large turnover - 7 or 8 new players
but there were about 15 players introduced
at the last open practice I attended Coach stated that a player from Australia was joining the team in January
Mathematically they cant all be on full scholarships
i have no idea who is on full or partial scholarships or who is a walk on

2 co-captains were introduced - and one of them is a grad transfer
team ran thru warmups and some drills

Coach Blair cited the accomplishments from last season
emphasized that the they beat Florida and would do the same to Maryland

Players had been introduced as they entered the court from the stage
so there were no self player intros

one player hit the last shot in the drills and she spoke for about 15 seconds

Coach Blair thanked everyone for coming out and supporting the program

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Big differences towards the bottom
hopefyly the addition of Loyola-Chicago makes the A-10 a "4 Bid League"

KenPom

24. Dayton
39. Saint Louis
59. Loyola Chicago
94. vcu
95. Richmond
104. George Mason
105. Davidson
119. St. Bonaventure
133. Duquesne
141. Rhode Island
154. UMass
169. Saint Joe’s
185. La Salle
224. George Washington
231. Fordham

Bart Tovik

35. Dayton
41. Saint Louis
54. Loyola Chicago
75. vcu
100. George Mason
109. Richmond
112. Davidson
122. Rhode Island
149. La Salle
153. Fordham
155. George Washington
161. UMass
162. Saint Joe’s
170: Duquesne
174. St. Bonaventure

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess this goes here... Dayton is ranked to start the season... #24

St. Louis is 30th with 36 votes
our opponents
#15 Auburn
#34 Wyoming (maybe)
#40 Toledo

and look at the differences between these rankings and the KenPom rankings

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I didn't know where best to post this, but does anybody know how Malik Henry is doing? Is he OK and fully cleared to play?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
On this week’s Field of 68 podcast, Dauster and Goodman seemed to suggest that KE is gonna start Dinkins at the point. Given they were in Brooklyn for A-10 media day and obviously spent the day talking to all the coaches, it got me wondering if they’re just throwing something out there or they got some real info. Can’t imagine starting a freshman PG with a group this experienced, but it should be interesting to see how it shakes out by the opener … nothing but ??? at that spot.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
On this week’s Field of 68 podcast, Dauster and Goodman seemed to suggest that KE is gonna start Dinkins at the point. Given they were in Brooklyn for A-10 media day and obviously spent the day talking to all the coaches, it got me wondering if they’re just throwing something out there or they got some real info. Can’t imagine starting a freshman PG with a group this experienced, but it should be interesting to see how it shakes out by the opener … nothing but ??? at that spot.
Quite honestly my fav option from what I have seen and heard. I’d be surprised if Polite doesn’t start though which makes me sad

Info though things could always change with any bad or good practice, I imagine.

I like the idea of the frosh starting even if some games they only play 10-15

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Obviously, we don't know a lot about Dinkins yet, but Kentucky, Carolina, Duke, and others have started freshmen pgs plenty of times with some very good results.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It would be hard to believe a coach being that open about the starting lineup right now.

Given the options (Singleton, Polite, Dinkins, or not a PG) none of them should feel comfortable about their playing time right now.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
There's a tweet below from KE ....says 'twenty days' with a pic of practice.....and Dinkins with the starting 5. Could be nothing.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I could see someone looking at Singleton and Polites career stats, then Dinkins recruit ranking and just defaulting to Dinkins as the point.

Seems clearly a competition between the 3, they are all going to play, and very good chance whoever starts against Auburn does not start first game of A10 tournament.

No substitute for in game play, so that will likely be single most determinative factor in the competition.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I could see someone looking at Singleton and Polites career stats, then Dinkins recruit ranking and just defaulting to Dinkins as the point.

Seems clearly a competition between the 3, they are all going to play, and very good chance whoever starts against Auburn does not start first game of A10 tournament.

No substitute for in game play, so that will likely be single most determinative factor in the competition.
Agreed that all 3 will play, but if Dinkins is the Game 1 starter I disagree that (barring injury) there’s a good chance he’s not starting come March. If the staff already trusts Dinkins enough to give him the keys of such a veteran team, can’t see why he wouldn’t improve significantly as he gains experience and the game starts slowing down.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
There's a tweet below from KE ....says 'twenty days' with a pic of practice.....and Dinkins with the starting 5. Could be nothing.
Bailey is playing with the second unit in that photo so it’s likely there is still a lot of mixing and matching going on in practice.