2022-2023 Season: Games of Interest - Future Opponents

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Right now, vcu doing a real number on the Billikens...ahead by 22 with 12 minutes left. Showing SLU fans how it feels to suffer a beat down. Mkaufman...you may want to save your rooting for the Dayton-Fordham game.
Lol I’m at the games today, my rooting didn’t mean much. vcu plays good basketball on both sides. If the committee knew nothing and watched them they pass the eye test imo.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol I’m at the games today, my rooting didn’t mean much. vcu plays good basketball on both sides. If the committee knew nothing and watched them they pass the eye test imo.
It makes me sick to think that we beat them to the FF, and have been toilet flushing ever since, while vcu has been, well, what we could/should have been.
So far, Kim has showed signs of turning us around, but the next two years will be make or break for him and us.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
mitLol I’m at the games today, my rooting didn’t mean much. vcu plays good basketball on both sides. If the committee knew nothing and watched them they pass the eye test imo.
As much as it pains me to say it, I agree completely. Naturally, it won't keep me from rooting against vcu tomorrow, but from what I've seen, particularly recently, they are much the best team in the A10. Malachi is good but not close to being as dominant as Ace is. And as good as Camara and Holmes dominate inside, the Flyers have no where near the depth of the Rams.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Dayton 0 for their last 15 and missed19 of their last 20, loses by 12. Physical game against Fordham yesterday didn't help. Gave vcu too many second chances in the last 5 minutes.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dayton 0 for their last 15 and 19 of their last 20, loses by 12. Physical game against Fordham yesterday didn't help. Gave vcu too many second chances in the last 5 minutes.

It’s too bad. Our best chance at getting two in was Dayton winning this game…

First one-bid season for the A10 in like 17-18 years?

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
vcu in as a twelve…thought they deserved a bit better.
If it was any other A10 team winning the tournament it would have been a 13 or 14.

Not much respect for the league this year. Hopefully the entire league can step it up next year.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Toledo at Michigan (ESPN2) and Hofstra at Rutgers (ESPNU) now on tv in NIT games. Just reminding folks, the visitors in each game were beaten by Mason earlier in the season. Other than the Dayton win, one could argue those were are most notable wins.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Toledo at Michigan (ESPN2) and Hofstra at Rutgers (ESPNU) now on tv in NIT games. Just reminding folks, the visitors in each game were beaten by Mason earlier in the season. Other than the Dayton win, one could argue those were are most notable wins.

Hofstra wins in OT, Toledo falls to Michigan.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
is this part of the definition of a 1-bid League?

A10 vs @MarchMadnessMBB
Teams:

3-1 Duquesne
3-2 vcu
1-1 GW
1-1 La Salle
1-1 St. Bonaventure
2-3 Dayton
2-3 Richmond
3-7 Saint Louis
1-3 Loyola Chicago
0-1 UMass
0-2 Fordham
0-2 George Mason
0-3 Rhode Island
0-3 Saint Joseph's
0-5 Davidson

View: https://twitter.com/A10Talk/status/1635476730763784195
It would be interesting to see what other conferences look like. You could make the argument that the top 2, maybe even the top 5 on that list should have gotten in since they were above 50% and even with tournament teams, respectively. Now, if those wins were against autobids from extremely weak conferences, that is another story.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It would be interesting to see what other conferences look like. You could make the argument that the top 2, maybe even the top 5 on that list should have gotten in since they were above 50% and even with tournament teams, respectively. Now, if those wins were against autobids from extremely weak conferences, that is another story.

You’d have to control for OOC to be able to compare, since vcu can’t beat itself.

Anyway:
vcu’s 3 wins were against Pitt, Howard and a Kennesaw St.

St. Louis beat a Memphis, Providence, and Drake

Duquesne beat UCSB, and Colgate (vcu was their third win, but that’s in-conference)

That’s as far as I’m willing to go.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Um.... curious brag right there. 6 of their wins last two years were against non-DI programs like DC, Gallaudet, etc.

Howard's record vs other teams listed in last three years: 1-3

22/23 Kenpom rankings:
Howard: 216
Maryland: 23
Mason: 147
GW: 218
American: 278
Gtown: 224

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ohhh Howard. Little brother discovered Red Bull I see. Comical. 1st place brag in their conference is a joke.... they play the equivalent of high school teams each year. Pretty sure we would go undefeated each year in that conference... we may lose 1 game by some divine miracle prayers to Spike Lee.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Reminds me of this
billboard.jpeg