GOLD SPONSOR
A10 Conference play opens tonight

Dayton leads Duquesne at the half, 37-32
Davidson cruising past Fordham right now 29-14 at the half

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Richmond pulls away from Coppin State in the 2nd half and wins 83-65 (Richmond only led by 2 at the half 40-38)

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A10 Conference play opens tonight

Dayton leads Duquesne at the half, 37-32
Davidson cruising past Fordham right now 29-14 at the half
Dayton defeats Duquesne 69-57
Davidson defeats Fordham 57-43

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I watched the Davidson vs. Fordham game…oooof. Fordham’s record is definitely an illusion. At one point they were 0-25 from 3. Nothing impressive about Davidson either.
Agreed.... Loyer has apparently been in a slump recently....had 0 at halftime, as did Fordham's high scorer Quisenberry. Each of them went without scoring until there was only 4 min left in the game. Fordham's loss ends their 15 game home winning streak.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched the Davidson vs. Fordham game…oooof. Fordham’s record is definitely an illusion. At one point they were 0-25 from 3. Nothing impressive about Davidson either.
Call me crazy, but if I'm the coach and my team is 0-10 from 3, wouldn't it make sense to change the strategy up and try to get some easier baskets? I just don't understand how you can keep shooting when its obvious the ball isn't going in.

Otherwise, it was a rock fight and neither team did much to look impressive. I was surprised Fordham won 15 in a row at home, but I guess when you play their type of out of conference schedule all the time, you can rack up wins pretty quickly.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We don't play them, but nice to see the CAA get recognition. College of Charleston is ranked #23 this week
First year coach I think also. Doing it with several DII guys on roster.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
First year coach I think also. Doing it with several DII guys on roster.
It’s year 2 for Kelsey at CofC. Assuming they get into the tournament, have to think he will be on lists for high major positions.

I know he was linked to the Mason job.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A-10 - as a conference - not looking good
from JGTrends

1672791805202.png

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

GEORGE MASON​

Love: Only three teams in the conference have both an offense and defense within the top-150 in adjusted margin and George Mason is one of them. While they had a run of ugly losses early in the year, the Patriots have won seven of their last eight with that relative balance including three top-100 victories. Mason is a very experienced group with one of the conference’s best bigs in Josh Oduro, which could make them a sleeper to really compete or even win the A-10, that no one is really talking about. They are also boosted by an insanely easy home-and-home pairings group of Richmond, GW, Rhode Island and a Loyola team that has quite frankly been horrible since joining the conference. That kind of thing will help you get a top-4 seed and up your percentage chance to win a tournament title.

Hate: The A-10 has a turnover disease and Mason unfortunately is not immune. With an EFG% offense that ranks 35th nationally, you’d think GMU might sneak into the top-100 overall offensively,but turning the ball over almost 21% of their possessions while only turning opposing teams over 16% of their creates a turnover handicap that Mason must deal with most nights. Good news for the Pats however, is only three A-10 teams currently boast top-100 turnover defenses (vcu, Duquesne and UMass), all of whom Mason will play just once each this conference season.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i

from ESPN,com

Key storylines for all 32 D-I leagues midway through 2022-23​

Atlantic 10 Conference​

Dayton is grappling with key injuries that could impact the race

Entering the week, Dayton (No. 54 on KenPom) was the only A-10 squad in the top 100 of the NCAA's NET rankings, and one of two A-10 teams, along with Saint Louis (No. 80), to have a top-100 KenPom ranking. But injuries to guards Kobe Elvis (knee) and Malachi Smith (ankle) have had a significant impact on Anthony Grant's backcourt as conference play commences. With DaRon Holmes II (18.9 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.9 BPG), Dayton can beat any team in the league. But until Elvis and Smith return, its limited depth could make it more challenging to do so.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu loses tonight at Duquesne by 9.

Duquesne is a solid team and a buddy of mine from high school who's a big vcu fan is calling for Rhoades to be fired. He apparently refers to him as the nice guy/coach and wants his "era" finished. Truly delusional fanbase. LOL

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Duquesne is a solid team and a buddy of mine from high school who's a big vcu fan is calling for Rhodes to be fired. He apparently refers to him as the nice guy/coach and wants his "era" finished. Truly delusional fanbase. LOL
vcu

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Duquesne is a solid team and a buddy of mine from high school who's a big vcu fan is calling for Rhodes to be fired. He apparently refers to him as the nice guy/coach and wants his "era" finished. Truly delusional fanbase. LOL
They have unreal expectations and some of them to a degree are expected. They have all the tools and have put all the resources on the table. Since joining the A10 they have done very well so having off years is not something they want to tolerate. They haven't continued on a Shaka like path (or even Will Wade path) consistently so the natives are getting restless.

Unfortunately for the delusional fans who think they are Duke, they extended Rhoades for a few years so he has a lot of rope. I think hes good until 26-27.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well a Dave Paulsen led defense refused to double Daron Holmes or Camara who had a combined 50 burger. Extra thankful for CKE tonight and I hope DP eventually gets that D2 job in Maine that he recently got turned down for. Basketball has surpassed him and he can’t get with the new era of ball