2022-2023 Season: Games of Interest - Future Opponents

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu loses by 9 at home to (#135) Jacksonville who has 3 wins over non-Div 1 teams and Campbell and significant losses at Duke and UAB.

Va Tech at home beating Dayton by 26 with 4 minutes left in the game.
Watched the Dayton - VT game last night and Dayton is in trouble. Elvis and Malachi are/were out but their team just looked lost on offense and defense.

A-10 is open this year.... ghetto c u, St. Louis, Dayton, Loyola all look very beatable any night. While UMass and Davidson look solid along with Fordham.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Watched the Dayton - VT game last night and Dayton is in trouble. Elvis and Malachi are/were out but their team just looked lost on offense and defense.

A-10 is open this year.... ghetto c u, St. Louis, Dayton, Loyola all look very beatable any night. While UMass and Davidson look solid along with Fordham.
I feel like we'll somehow have a winning record against the top 6 and a losing record against the rest.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Duquesne at home loses to Marshall by 9.
UMass at home loses too UMass-Lowell by 5.

Both the winners of games are actually better ranked by kenpom than the A-10 teams. Interesting aside, Marshall's only loss this year was a season-opener at Queens.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Queens University won again, is now 8-2. They beat High Point (who is also now 8-2) 87-79

As expected, Fordham moved to 10-1 (9-0 at home) with a 77-62 win over Binghamton

psyclone

Hall of Famer
With many A-10 teams not doing particularly well in the non-conference schedule, Kenpom has only 3 ranked in the top 100--StL (61), Day (74), and Rich (89).

Almost half the league, including Mason, come next from 119 to 138:
UMass (119)
Loy-Chi (124)
vcu (125)
StB (127)
Mason(131)
Dav (137)
Duq (138)

All of the latter group is projected to go 9-9 in conference except for 10-8 UMass.

Looking like a 1 bid league.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Davidson losing to Northeastern at home? LaSalle loses to an 11 loss Lafayette team by 25 at home? Bonnies lose again? Maybe a .5 bid league. Maybe.

ephoops

Starter
Davidson losing to Northeastern at home? LaSalle loses to an 11 loss Lafayette team by 25 at home? Bonnies lose again? Maybe a .5 bid league. Maybe.
A-10 went 3-5 today. Losses to teams from:

Sun Belt
Patriot ?!?!
Colonial
MVC
Ohio Valley

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The preseason poll predicted:
1. Dayton - currently 8-5
2. St. Louis - currently 8-5
3. vcu - currently 9-4
4. Loyola Chicago - currently 6-5
5. UMass - currently 9-3

The top 5 predicted finishers are a combined 40-22 (.645).
Not much to write home about thus far.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The preseason poll predicted:
1. Dayton - currently 8-5
2. St. Louis - currently 8-5
3. vcu - currently 9-4
4. Loyola Chicago - currently 6-5
5. UMass - currently 9-3

The top 5 predicted finishers are a combined 40-22 (.645).
Not much to write home about thus far.
Actually I think Mason was picked 5th in the A-10 preseason poll

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wasn't sure where to put this. Anybody here sign up for the A-10 Survivor pool run by SBUnfurled? I just signed up. Looks fun.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wasn't sure where to put this. Anybody here sign up for the A-10 Survivor pool run by SBUnfurled? I just signed up. Looks fun.
got a good group. local celebrity tblack33 is a former winner of the pool for mucho dinero

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m in, but given my history with survivor pools I’m just donating $20 lol
Me too - it'd be fun just to stick around for a while. I like that if you get a pick wrong in this pool, you're not eliminated altogether. 20% to 2nd place. Not bad for a pool whose pot looks to be around $3000.