2022-2023 Season: Games of Interest - Future Opponents

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Good points. Though I do agree with letting Paulsen go, a Mooney advocate might counter with "what's Mason's record under 3 coaches since Larranaga left."
You really can't count that because Hewitt should have never been hired in the first place. If we had gone through a regular coach hiring process and hired a consultant I doubt they would have landed on Paul "Pay me $7 million to go away" Hewitt. He was radioactive even when we gave him the job.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
11/22 update

Tulane (now 4-1) beat Rhode Island (now 1-4) 78-75
South Florida (1-5) beats St. Joseph's (2-3) 75-62
UC San Diego (2-4) beats GW (3-2) 75-70
Fordham (5-1) beats Stonehill (2-5, from the NEC) 71-60
East Carolina (4-1) beats Toledo (3-2) 86-75
Richmond (3-3) beats Temple (2-4) 61-49
St. Bonaventure (3-2) beats Southern Indiana (2-3) 80-66
UMES (2-3) beats Marist (1-4) 70-59

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
American beats Georgetown

I guess they’ll be on their DNP list for the next 20 years.

I know this is reaching for something positive, but I have to say the American win over G'town makes me feel a little better about Mason. Notwithstanding our meltdown in the V.I, I was really disappointed in our game with American, in which we looked awful in the first half. Given that we apparently made adjustments at half-time, or our physical advantages finally took over, at least we came back to win against what seems now to be a feisty American squad.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know this is reaching for something positive, but I have to say the American win over G'town makes me feel a little better about Mason. Notwithstanding our meltdown in the V.I, I was really disappointed in our game with American, in which we looked awful in the first half. Given that we apparently made adjustments at half-time, or our physical advantages finally took over, at least we came back to win against what seems now to be a feisty American squad.
Georgetown had not won a game for almost an entire calendar year. They SUCK. I knew this take was going to come on the boards because we of course are Mason fans and are stuck in the past

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How is LSU doing? New coach lost all but 1 player after wade got fired.

Always liked Pat Kelsey. I think he went to Charleston. Wonder how that's going? To lazy to look all this up.

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
Dayton (Kenpom #48) loses by 12 to NC State (#59), now the Flyers have a 3-3 record.
It’s been a really disappointing OOC season thus far for all of the A10, especially the the top of the conference. Not too many opportunities left to improve their profile.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
How is LSU doing? New coach lost all but 1 player after wade got fired.

Always liked Pat Kelsey. I think he went to Charleston. Wonder how that's going? To lazy to look all this up.
LSU is 5-1 and won the Cayman Islands Classic title

Charleston is 6-1 and has beaten 2 A10 teams

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
LSU is 5-1 and won the Cayman Islands Classic title

Charleston is 6-1 and has beaten 2 A10 teams
Someone also pointed out that Charleston beat VA tech to win the Charleston Classic.

Most surprised at LSU. Getting a team to mesh in first year is impressive. I guess their coach has some experience compared to CKE.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Davidson moves to 6-1 beating previously undefeated San Francisco 89-80

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
St. Bonaventure defeats previously undefeated ND 63-51... led the entire game

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Dayton (Kenpom #48) loses by 12 to NC State (#59), now the Flyers have a 3-3 record.
Dayton loses to BYU in OT... if you simply look at the score you might think close game. But dig deeper and... woof