2022-2023 Conference Schedule

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
first glance I am going 10-3 OOC, 11-6 in conference for 21-9 overall which is probably still not good enough for an autobid due to weak SOS. will do some team by team research closer to the opening game
18 conference games. Need one more win!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
first glance I am going 10-3 OOC, 11-6 in conference for 21-9 overall which is probably still not good enough for an autobid due to weak SOS. will do some team by team research closer to the opening game

I had us going 12-6 too but there are some traps on the schedule that might make it difficult (I’m thinking URI, Richmond, Davidson, Loyola at home; Bona, Loyola, Duquesne on the road). Have to win pretty much all of these or surprise a Dayton, vcu, or St. Louis on the road. So maybe somewhere between 10-8 and 12-6? Would kill for a 13-5 finish, but might be asking for too much.

Masonfan3

Starter
What I don't like about this is basically half of our home conference games are during winter break while only 2 road games during that stretch.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
What I don't like about this is basically half of our home conference games are during winter break while only 2 road games during that stretch.
That lines up with no Friday national TV showcase games and all of our toughest opponents on the road only. The reality is the A-10 is gonna continue to bone us until we win something and demand respect.

Masonfan3

Starter
That lines up with no Friday national TV showcase games and all of our toughest opponents on the road only. The reality is the A-10 is gonna continue to bone us until we win something and demand respect.
All valid points and agree with you...but I still don't like it

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I mean if they boned us they skull fkd St Bonaventure this year which has been one of the best teams in the A10 since we have been in it so I am not sure I continue to buy these conspiracy theories. This is the worst for us in recent memory but I have a hard time believing we are getting intentionally screwed. We have had two absolutely horrible programs in UMASS and St Joes as H2H the past bunch of years.. wouldnt they have given those cupcakes to someone else?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean if they boned us they skull fkd St Bonaventure this year which has been one of the best teams in the A10 since we have been in it so I am not sure I continue to buy these conspiracy theories. This is the worst for us in recent memory but I have a hard time believing we are getting intentionally screwed. We have had two absolutely horrible programs in UMASS and St Joes as H2H the past bunch of years.. wouldnt they have given those cupcakes to someone else?
Bona is obviously going through a rebuild even with a great coach, so the league isn’t gonna do them (or other projected bottom-tier teams) any favors in scheduling.

There’s a fairly compelling case for Mason as No. 4 in the preseason poll, we have a highly regarded young Black coach to showcase and they still dumped a bag of steaming turd on our stoop. I don’t believe in coincidences … feels like the A-10 is “encouraging” Mason to step up and finally bring something to the table.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Back on here
https://www.masonhoops.com/threads/2022-23-out-of-conference-schedule.2340/page-16#post-169474 I said:
Fri, Dec 23 vs Coppin St
When does A10 play start? Are we in for another 7 day break? We've been starting A10 play around Dec 29th or 30th. With Loyola now in the conference, does that mean we'd start A10 play on/around Dec 28th? I'm assuming thats the case, otherwise, it would make no sense to squeeze this one in if we then don't play again until Dec 30th (in the 2019-2020 season our first A10 game was Jan 5, in 2020-2021 it was Dec 30 and last season it was supposed to be Jan 2).

We don't play until the 31st vs Richmond. So we are going 8 days in between Coppin and Richmond. I don't like the long break before the A10 opener. Would have preferred to play at ODU on the 21st, then Coppin or someone else on the 28th, then have 3 days until Richmond.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Back on here
https://www.masonhoops.com/threads/2022-23-out-of-conference-schedule.2340/page-16#post-169474 I said:
Fri, Dec 23 vs Coppin St
When does A10 play start? Are we in for another 7 day break? We've been starting A10 play around Dec 29th or 30th. With Loyola now in the conference, does that mean we'd start A10 play on/around Dec 28th? I'm assuming thats the case, otherwise, it would make no sense to squeeze this one in if we then don't play again until Dec 30th (in the 2019-2020 season our first A10 game was Jan 5, in 2020-2021 it was Dec 30 and last season it was supposed to be Jan 2).

We don't play until the 31st vs Richmond. So we are going 8 days in between Coppin and Richmond. I don't like the long break before the A10 opener. Would have preferred to play at ODU on the 21st, then Coppin or someone else on the 28th, then have 3 days until Richmond.
11 days between UMES and Tulsa as well. This schedule is not done well, but I guess I am just a hater. Is the coaching staff or the AD to blame for such a weirdly unbalanced OOC?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bona is obviously going through a rebuild even with a great coach, so the league isn’t gonna do them (or other projected bottom-tier teams) any favors in scheduling.

There’s a fairly compelling case for Mason as No. 4 in the preseason poll, we have a highly regarded young Black coach to showcase and they still dumped a bag of steaming turd on our stoop. I don’t believe in coincidences … feels like the A-10 is “encouraging” Mason to step up and finally bring something to the table.
If we don't do it now, or perhaps next year, with KE, we never will. It simply needs to happen, like Dabo Swinney at Clemson, gotta get over the hump.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My guess is ESPN had a lot to say about who was going to be featured on their network. And I doubt Mason is much of a draw right now. But who cares, go on the road and beat Dayton, vcu, and St. Louis on ESPN+ I say.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Yep. There is very little energy from the crowd and thinned ranks of the Green Machine during the break. Dark times call for an extra can of beer during games. I, for one, will rise to the occasion.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Davidson was down 16 at the half and roared back to beat Wright State 102-97 in 2OT

Were also down 20+ in the first half too at times

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So basically we double Loyer all game and let the rest of their team try and beat us.
Wright State kept going under ball screens and letting him shoot wide open 3s. I can assure you that is not a winning strategy … double him, force the ball out of his hands and live with whatever happens after that.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wright State kept going under ball screens and letting him shoot wide open 3s. I can assure you that is not a winning strategy … double him, force the ball out of his hands and live with whatever happens after that.
Going under ballscreens? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mason do that…lol