2021 A10 Transfer List

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
SG Lamar Norman Jr. is leaving Duquesne

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/202...or-guard-lamar-norman-enters-transfer-portal/:

"The Duquesne Dukes are losing a member from their starting five.

Pittsburgh Sports Now has confirmed that junior guard Lamar Norman Jr. has entered the transfer portal. The news was first reported by Verbal Commits.com.

The 6-foot-3 shooting guard from Grand Rapids, Michigan has played in a possible 57 of 62 games at Duquesne and has been a full-time starter since the thirteenth game of the 2019-20 season. In four games this season, Norman was averaging five pointsper game and shooting only 23% from the field and 23.8% from three-point range.

PSN reached out to the Norman family for comment or reason for the decision to transfer and are waiting for a response.

To replace Norman, head coach Keith Dambrot could switch senior Tavian Dunn-Martin from being the first person off the bench and insert him into the starting lineup. As far as replacing his minutes, look for recent addition Ryan Murphy and freshman Tyson Acuff to have more prominent roles.

Duquesne is back in action on Tuesday night as they play their first home game of the season against Davidson. Tipoff from LaRoche University is set for 7 p.m."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Starting PG Sincere Carry is leaving Duquesne ... Dambrot must be a real joy to play for because starting SF Maceo Austin is also reportedly considering a transfer.

If Austin does enter the portal that would be three starters lost in less than a week.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Starting PG Sincere Carry is leaving Duquesne ... Dambrot must be a real joy to play for because starting SF Maceo Austin is also reportedly considering a transfer.

If Austin does enter the portal that would be three starters lost in less than a week.

A10 Talk

@A10Talk

·
3h

Better news for Duquesne after the Carry news.
Quote Tweet

G--fNz52_normal.jpg

Pittsburgh Sports Now

@PghSportsNow
· 4h

Maceo Austin Has No 'Intention on Transferring' From Duquesne https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021/01/11/maceo-austin-no-intention-to-transfer-from-duquesne/… via @pghsportsnow@A10MBB

"Austin’s absence from the team is in relation to some off the court personal issues he’s dealing with and he feels its right for him to work those out before he returns to the team. The past 12 months have been challenging for Austin with the unexpected loss of his sister, as well as the COVID-19 situation that the country has been dealing with since March.

'I’m just taking a break to get right mentally,' Austin tells Pittsburgh Sports Now. 'I don’t want to have any bad energy around the team. I don’t have any intention on transferring. I’m just now sure when I’ll be back. I’m taking this process slow.'”

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.verbalcommits.com/conferences/atlantic-10:

"2/8/2021 - George Mason 2016 SG Ian Boyd (6-4, 215, 2★) will be transferring."

With this announcement, AJ Wilson is the only member of the recruiting class of 2016 who has not transferred, or is in the process of transferring from Mason:

Recruiting Class of 2016:

Ian Boyd
Justin Kier
Karmari Newman
Troy Temara
AJ Wilson

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know nothing of the situation, but it must have been bad if a career sixth man RS senior couldn’t get a run on a bottom 4 team in the A10.