2021-22 Schedule Thread

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Digital Tickets... boooooo. I like having ticket stubs.

Damn, even parking and hospitality passes are digital now!? Not sure I like that either. So easy to show your ticket when walking in and just dropping in the basket at halftime in the Gold room. And much easier passing a paper ticket over to a friend to get them in.

This is going to cause delays getting in to these places if they have to scan everyone since some people will need to take time to pull up their app on their phone while getting to their ticket while in line. 30 seconds to a couple minutes add up when there is a line.

VT football went all mobile tickets this year for football and it has been a shitshow trying to get in to games. Happened to us at the Notre Dame game, 20 yards from the gate and took us 45 mins to get in due to people not having their mobile tickets ready.

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Damn, even parking and hospitality passes are digital now!? Not sure I like that either. So easy to show your ticket when walking in and just dropping in the basket at halftime in the Gold room. And much easier passing a ticket over to a friend to get them in.

This is going to cause delays getting in to these places if they have to scan everyone since some people will need to take time to pull up their app on their phone while getting to their ticket inline.

VT football went all mobile tickets this year for football and it has been a shitshow trying to get in to games. Happened to us at the Notre Dame game, 20 yards from the gate and took us 45 mins to get in due to people not having their mobile tickets ready.
Agree 100%. Technology is another way, not necessarily a better way. Had a hell of a time getting Nats tickets to friends this summer and anticipate the same with my Mason tickets because a friend has a really OLD phone with no ability to accept tickets.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Damn, even parking and hospitality passes are digital now!? Not sure I like that either. So easy to show your ticket when walking in and just dropping in the basket at halftime in the Gold room. And much easier passing a paper ticket over to a friend to get them in.

This is going to cause delays getting in to these places if they have to scan everyone since some people will need to take time to pull up their app on their phone while getting to their ticket while in line. 30 seconds to a couple minutes add up when there is a line.

So long as they allow you to screenshot the tickets (or load them into your wallet), it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It’s when the app has to generate a unique barcode that things get screwed up (went to a show at Comerica Theater a few years ago where this was the case and everyone’s app was loading slow and it was a massive shitshow getting in — the person right in front of us literally couldn’t load the app at all and the manager had to go and print the tickets from the box office and it took 25 minutes).

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My understanding is, game tickets will be virtual. Parking passes and hospitality passes will still be physical.

I used the electronic tickets last year and there was an option to save a local copy of the barcode on your phone in advance.

I am sure they are waiting as long as possible due to the uncertainties around covid.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
$2,500 suggested donation… think they sent this to the wrong person. Cool idea though.

7479D453-57C3-4E21-BCC2-3958E8B61152.jpeg