2019 Recruiting

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah its right near where I live in Aldie. its huge. But I think we can still recruit there post move.
As one of Mason's most vociferous ambassadors, you need to organize a neighborhood welcome committee. Bring 'em brownies or sumpin' on move-in day.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn't our last scholarship for next year depend upon knowing 100% whether Grayer will be granted a redshirt and wants to finish his career at Mason? I assume he has communicated his intentions to the coaching staff, but if he hasn't it essentially leaves one scholarship in limbo, no?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesn't our last scholarship for next year depend upon knowing 100% whether Grayer will be granted a redshirt and wants to finish his career at Mason? I assume he has communicated his intentions to the coaching staff, but if he hasn't it essentially leaves one scholarship in limbo, no?

Yes. This would be extremely unfair to our program if he held it hostage.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes. This would be extremely unfair to our program if he held it hostage.

I don't think Jaire would do that intentionally, especially since he won't even know until the end of the season if the NCAA is going to grant him a fifth year. I'm sure DP and the staff will have no choice but to move on if a recruit accepts a scholarship offer.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't think Jaire would do that intentionally, especially since he won't even know until the end of the season if the NCAA is going to grant him a fifth year. I'm sure DP and the staff will have no choice but to move on if a recruit accepts a scholarship offer.

I don’t know. We got both Allen and Relvao because of unexpected red-shirts

Only stayed for the first half, had to go to another game that started late anyway....but,

1) Impressed with how strong Darius has gotten as just a soph
2) Darius' shot from three made me cringe, style-wise, but it seems to work, so hey
3) Every time I see him, Xavier strikes me as a heady kid...kind of directed traffic last night even when he didn't have the ball
4) Hoping Xavier can get to the line like he does at the HS level. I think he can, and think he's smart.
5) Darius doesn't yet do what Xavier does (more well-rounded game)...yet. But he has a lot of potential, I think it was a good early offer.
6) Liked the way both competed on the boards against a bigger and stronger team.

Overall, excited to get Xavier and perhaps eventually Darius. Like it.

As a team Episcopal just couldn't quite hang with SSSA. SSSA Bigger and stronger, Episcopal starts three guards to include Darius and Xavier. Towson may be getting an undersized steal in Thompson. Kind of like Mo-Allie Cox though shorter, but can do more things.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Only stayed for the first half, had to go to another game that started late anyway....but,

1) Impressed with how strong Darius has gotten as just a soph
2) Darius' shot from three made me cringe, style-wise, but it seems to work, so hey
3) Every time I see him, Xavier strikes me as a heady kid...kind of directed traffic last night even when he didn't have the ball
4) Hoping Xavier can get to the line like he does at the HS level. I think he can, and think he's smart.
5) Darius doesn't yet do what Xavier does (more well-rounded game)...yet. But he has a lot of potential, I think it was a good early offer.
6) Liked the way both competed on the boards against a bigger and stronger team.

Overall, excited to get Xavier and perhaps eventually Darius. Like it.

As a team Episcopal just couldn't quite hang with SSSA. SSSA Bigger and stronger, Episcopal starts three guards to include Darius and Xavier. Towson may be getting an undersized steal in Thompson. Kind of like Mo-Allie Cox though shorter, but can do more things.
Who hacked Jollay's account?

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
This article is from December 22nd regarding Chereef Knox:
http://www.philly.com/high-school-s...-offers-imhotep-boys-basketball-20181223.html

The 6-6 swingman will take it to the next level. Knox has offers from Hofstra, George Mason, and Old Dominion, and was going to decide amongst those three schools, until he consulted his uncle, mom, and Panthers’ coach Andre Noble.

They all agreed it was best that Knox open his recruitment back up. Since then, Knox has received interest from Virginia Commonwealth University of the Atlantic 10 Conference. He doesn’t plan on making a decision until February.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So we are still in his top 3? He must feel weird that only one other A10 school only showed interest.

NewPatriot

Starter
This article is from December 22nd regarding Chereef Knox:
http://www.philly.com/high-school-s...-offers-imhotep-boys-basketball-20181223.html

The 6-6 swingman will take it to the next level. Knox has offers from Hofstra, George Mason, and Old Dominion, and was going to decide amongst those three schools, until he consulted his uncle, mom, and Panthers’ coach Andre Noble.

They all agreed it was best that Knox open his recruitment back up. Since then, Knox has received interest from Virginia Commonwealth University of the Atlantic 10 Conference. He doesn’t plan on making a decision until February.

Knox isn't going to vcu. vcu just filled their final scholarship with a 6'3" pg out of georgia named Tre Clarke.

Knox is highly underrated because he plays on a top 5 high school team imhotep charter loaded with top 100 players (dahmir bishop, seth lundy and donta scott).

Imhotep beat oak hill academy , knox shut down kofi cockburn, a top 30 center 5 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier. He is absolutely one of the best on ball defenders in the country.

right now, hofstra is recruiting him agressively. Mason needs to pursue this guy hard.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Knox isn't going to vcu. vcu just filled their final scholarship with a 6'3" pg out of georgia named Tre Clarke.

Knox is highly underrated because he plays on a top 5 high school team imhotep charter loaded with top 100 players (dahmir bishop, seth lundy and donta scott).

Imhotep beat oak hill academy , knox shut down kofi cockburn, a top 30 center 5 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier. He is absolutely one of the best on ball defenders in the country.

right now, hofstra is recruiting him agressively. Mason needs to pursue this guy hard.

If Grayer stays, we won't have a scholarship to give him. I'm sure the staff knows more about that than we do. And I'm guessing of Knox picks us it means Grayer is for sure transferring -- or coming back in the last 10 games of the season to finish out his career here, one of the two.

NewPatriot

Starter
If Grayer stays, we won't have a scholarship to give him. I'm sure the staff knows more about that than we do. And I'm guessing of Knox picks us it means Grayer is for sure transferring -- or coming back in the last 10 games of the season to finish out his career here, one of the two.

I didn't know about grayer. thanks for the info.

JPgmuswim

Starter

To me when Knox reopened his recruitment it told me he isn’t coming here. Sounds like his family and coaches are hoping bigger schools come calling this spring.