2019 Recruiting

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
2019 6'5 SG Will Thomas
Offers: Southern Utah
Interests: Maryland, Towson, George Mason, Wagner, Holy Cross, Boston, UNLV, Xavier, etc

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    678.1 KB · Views: 476

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Penn State recruits the DMV heavily.

at least under their new coach (Chambers I think), they've actually targeted the Philly area pretty hard as well which probably makes a lot of sense for them. They went after the one big guy who Paulsen was after within his first few days (and the name escapes me at this moment).

Makes sense for any school to go after the DMV considering the wealth of talent, obviously

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I assume that's the younger brother of Towson senior guard Mike Morsell. Same home town and high school, and Casey has a Towson offer.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I assume that's the younger brother of Towson senior guard Mike Morsell. Same home town and high school, and Casey has a Towson offer.

You are right. Older brother Darryl is going to Maryland in Class of 2017.

The Morsell boys can all really shoot it. It would be a coup to land Casey because he's going to have many offers by the time he's a junior.

What are the chances that PVI's Aaron Thompson backs out of his commitment with Butler since his coach just jumped to Ohio State?

I wonder if he ends up at GMU or vcu at the end of the day...

OP
Falco

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Episcopal guard Xavier Johnson & Gonzaga College guard Anwar Gill took an unofficial visit to mason.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Staff has offered Caleb Mills - 2019 PG from Asheville, NC per Justin Byerly

Here is the preview of a write up from July. The full article requires a subscription.
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/07/recruiting-riser-caleb-mills/

"Playing with Team Vision, an AAU team based out of Asheville, North Carolina, Caleb Mills had a breakout game against Nike EYBL Team CP3 and scored 26 points while making 8 3-point shots. Appalachian State offered the next day. Rice, George Mason, Kansas State, College of Charleston and Western Carolina also came on hard recruiting the hybrid point guard. He holds offers from Winthrop, Liberty and Lipscomb along with App State.

Mills is a new-age point guard that stands 6-foot-5 and is long and lean. He is quick in the open floor and can attack in transition or in the[...]" - end preview

Here is a full write up from last December:
https://www.prephoops.com/2016/12/stock-riser-caleb-mills-2019/

Spartanburg Day School features one of the nation’s top recruits. Zion Williamson showed why he is considered to be one of the best players in the country yesterday in their game against Asheville Christian Academy . He scored 38 points and had a half-doxen Lebronesque dunks during the game.

Another player that shot up my recruiting list and one that college coaches need to see is 6-foot-3 Caleb Mills of Asheville Christian Academy. The shooting guard poured in 33 points while making seven three-point baskets. He has shot up the PrepHoopsNC 2019 rankings and currently sits at number 24 in the class.

Strengths of his Game

Mills handles the basketball extremely well at his position, he can shoot the lights out all the way to the three-point line. One thing that really stood out to me that he does well at this level and age is his ability to create space. Creating space with the basketball for a guard is key at the next level when almost all of the players are of the same athletic ability. That space allows a shooter or scorer to get his shot off on almost anyone and is a major attribute among the nation’s leading scorers at the college level. Mills does this as good as anyone I have seen in this area in a long time. A lot of players can jump higher or shoot better, but what the sophomore does is creates enough space without having to do either of those aforementioned skills. He has a great step-back crossover and knows how to use his pivot foot to get to where he needs to be on the floor for the right shot.

Offers Starting to Roll In

The Carolina Day School transfer has already been offered scholarships from Lipscomb University and Winthrop University. Mills is the type of player that will continue to get better because of his skill set and so much room for growth in some key areas.

Continue Working

His trainer is former UNC-Asheville star and Harlem Globetrotter John Williams. He had this to say about MIlls’ development, “His speed and quickness make up for his stature which I think will change this spring as we are implementing an intentional strength and nutrition program for him.”