2019 Recruiting

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Finally some retail and heavy density housing development in Fairfax! Long overdue.

One of several similar projects happening: Fairfax Circle, Breezeway motel just down the block from PVI, and the Kamp Washington triangle just west where 236 ends and 29/50 split.

I live right in the middle of it, currently the closest 2 miles to my house make up 50% of the time of my commute to Tysons. Can't imagine what traffic is going to be like once these 4 projects are completed in the next couple years.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow, someone who has been in this area as long as I have. It has been a decade or more since someone knew what I was talking about if I referenced Kamp Washington.
Does anyone remember "Goldies"? It was a soft serve ice cream and hot dog shack where Washington Sports Club now sits atop of Aldi (originally built as Best Co.).

What about "Penguin Feather"—the little record store/head-shop at the tip in front of Kamp Washington? That's where I purchased my first bong!

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone remember "Goldies"? It was a soft serve ice cream and hot dog shack where Washington Sports Club now sits atop of Aldi (originally built as Best Co.).

What about "Penguin Feather"—the little record store/head-shop at the tip in front of Kamp Washington? That's where I purchased my first bong!
I don’t recall Goldie’s, but I remember Best. I definitely recall Penguin Feather. That was the only music store for miles back in the day of vinyl and cassettes.